Kings vs Suns SL Game Thread 7/7/18

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ayton is ungodly passive in the post.
He's got 12 points on 6 shots and I've seen probably 5 or 6 plays where he's clapping for the ball only to be ignored or one of our guards to make an embarrassing pass.

I think, especially in the 2nd half he's played well.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jackson feeds Ayton for the dunk. That's the way to do it.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
He's got 12 points on 6 shots and I've seen probably 5 or 6 plays where he's clapping for the ball only to be ignored or one of our guards to make an embarrassing pass.

I think, especially in the 2nd half he's played well.
He has played OK...certainly not great. He hasn't made it easy to get passes because he's been playing so narrow and making it super easy for the defender to reach in and grab the pass. He just looks disinterested being down low...in my opinion.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
He has played OK...certainly not great. He hasn't made it easy to get passes because he's been playing so narrow and making it super easy for the defender to reach in and grab the pass. He just looks disinterested being down low...in my opinion.
If that is so, could it be that it is frustrating to not have an NBA Point Guard finding him?

'EDIT: Sorry, Rosen. I didn't see your similar post. But I agree.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ayton has won this match-up. Look at Ayton's shooting versus Bagley.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I feel like he's feeling it out and not forcing things in an ugly game. I'd rather that than him forcing things like half these guys are.

If he'd gotten swatted like Bagley did a few posters probably would have had seizures.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sweet. Ayton with the put back.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
If that is so, could it be that it is frustrating to not have an NBA Point Guard finding him?
At his size...a 5 year old should be able to get him passes. Even so, he's got 17 points and 10 boards...so imagine once he does get more aggressive and has better positioning...he'll be a super beast.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In a thread full of belly aching over Ayton supposedly not being aggressive enough... he's got 17 and 10 despite pathetic guard play.

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score

It also has to do with the passes coming to late. He gets the space he needs then once the ball handler realizes it its to late. But the problem us he needs to hold his ground instead of letting his defender get around him when he doesn't get the ball right away.

Side note and OT but were going to get a lot of second chance points with Ayton.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I guess that John Calipari's on-air quote that DBook signed the contract extension was premature.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoObstacles92