2018 2nd round pick is Christian Kirk

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
do you do a lot of yoga to be able to bend like a pretzel in order to defend anything Cards related?

They were "playing hack sack with a rock" is ridiculous enough on it's face, much less playing with such force to SMASH A WINDOW with it.

This whole thing is ridiculous. He got wasted and engaged in questionable behavior just before the biggest day of his life (so far). THAT is what makes many of us question his character, or at least his decision-making ability. If he made a mistake, he should own it. He paid off the other party and the charges were dropped and now he just wants it all swept under a rug and forgotten. I think things would go much smoother if he just came clean with the facts and then moved on. Here's hoping this was a one-time blunder and he isn't the next Michael Floyd passed out behind the wheel on some Valley street in a couple of years.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This whole thing is ridiculous. He got wasted and engaged in questionable behavior just before the biggest day of his life (so far). THAT is what makes many of us question his character, or at least his decision-making ability. If he made a mistake, he should own it. He paid off the other party and the charges were dropped and now he just wants it all swept under a rug and forgotten. I think things would go much smoother if he just came clean with the facts and then moved on. Here's hoping this was a one-time blunder and he isn't the next Michael Floyd passed out behind the wheel on some Valley street in a couple of years.

How do you know he wasn't "clean with the facts"? If you know something the rest of us don't then please post these "facts".

This is so overblown. I threw a baseball through our neighbor's window when I was 16. Broken window was paid for and... really, what else is supposed to happen? You are so right this whole thing is ridiculous.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do you know he wasn't "clean with the facts"? If you know something the rest of us don't then please post these "facts".

It was posted in this thread. He has refused to comment on what happened that night.

Kirk was asked if he was willing to tell reporters the details leading to his arrest. He politely declined, saying, “I’d rather just move on from it.”

So, he leaves us with the police report and the payoff.

Reaction score
It was posted in this thread. He has refused to comment on what happened that night.

So, he leaves us with the police report and the payoff.

He refused to say anything to reporters which is his right as it was still an ongoing legal issue. He told the Cards exactly what happened when they interviewed him several times before the draft. Still don't understand the uproar over a damn rock.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well, personally, I would not believe anything he has to say about it now, if I was on a jury.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He refused to say anything to reporters which is his right as it was still an ongoing legal issue. He told the Cards exactly what happened when they interviewed him several times before the draft. Still don't understand the uproar over a damn rock.

This was AFTER the matter was settled.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That matter wasn't settled until AFTER the Cardinals drafted him. They interviewed him prior to the draft at the combine.

It's going over your head. The article I quoted was AFTER he made the payoff and the charges were dropped. That is when he was asked if he'd like to explain what happened that night. That's when he had a clear chance to own it and move on and instead he declined. So fans are left with the facts - police report, friend worried the arrest will cost "his dog," the payoff, and the dropped charges after payoff.

Reaction score
It's going over your head. The article I quoted was AFTER he made the payoff and the charges were dropped. That is when he was asked if he'd like to explain what happened that night. That's when he had a clear chance to own it and move on and instead he declined. So fans are left with the facts - police report, friend worried the arrest will cost "his dog," the payoff, and the dropped charges after payoff.

Well it's really nobody's damn business. It's closed & over with & time to move on would be my stance as well.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Well it's really nobody's damn business. It's closed & over with & time to move on would be my stance as well.
Eh he’s a public figure. He doesn’t “owe” anyone anything, but the best way to dispel anyone’s doubts about you is to own up to your actions. At least that’s a trait I consider worthy of a grown man.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
If any of you have ever had legal “troubles” before, you’d understand your lawyer advises you to ****. Whether you’re guilty, innocent, or completely set-up/framed, you keep your pie hole shut.

He doesn’t owe fans a story.

MB is a former prosecutor; if he is content, the rest of us should be satisfied.

And BTW, only a fool would take anything written in a police report as “factual.”

A true statement and true facts appear in a police department report just as easy as inaccurate facts and false statements.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If any of you have ever had legal “troubles” before, you’d understand your lawyer advises you to ****. Whether you’re guilty, innocent, or completely set-up/framed, you keep your pie hole shut.

He doesn’t owe fans a story.

MB is a former prosecutor; if he is content, the rest of us should be satisfied.

And BTW, only a fool would take anything written in a police report as “factual.”

A true statement and true facts appear in a police department report just as easy as inaccurate facts and false statements.

Well, I guess I'm a fool, especially for believing a police report over an apparently intoxicated person who has talked to an attorney. o_O

Last edited:

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
Once again, we should all remember, at the same point in their lives, Terrell Suggs laid a tire iron upside someone's head. And, not drafting the SOB was a horrible mistake.

We could have drafted him, and still got boldin in the 2nd. The following year, we added fitz, Dansby, and dockett.

If I see a Delorean parked somewhere, I’m going to grab it and go back to make this happen. I don’t care if it means my mom ends up marrying the HS A-hole.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We could have drafted him, and still got boldin in the 2nd. The following year, we added fitz, Dansby, and dockett.

If I see a Delorean parked somewhere, I’m going to grab it and go back to make this happen. I don’t care if it means my mom ends up marrying the HS A-hole.
Not taking Suggs was the absolute worst blunder in the draft this team ever did. Especially if you can remember the team set a record LOW for sacks the year before.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Not taking Suggs was the absolute worst blunder in the draft this team ever did. Especially if you can remember the team set a record LOW for sacks the year before.
Levi Brown would like a word with you...lol That's the old coulda drafted AP argument.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Levi Brown would like a word with you...lol That's the old coulda drafted AP argument.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
This one is right up there. But we did have Edgerrin James, and were paying him a lot. We absolutely did not have a left tackle.

Passing on Aaron Rodgers because you have McCown?
Lots of teams passed on Rodgers. I don't know that he would have been as great here.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
This one is right up there. But we did have Edgerrin James, and were paying him a lot. We absolutely did not have a left tackle.

Lots of teams passed on Rodgers. I don't know that he would have been as great here.

Aaron Rodgers would be great anywhere. He was that good in college, but people ignored his production because they said he was a systems QB.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Andre Wadsworth over Charles Woodson and Randy Moss (but a lot of teams passed on Moss). Several other Pro-Bowlers in that round also.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers would be great anywhere. He was that good in college, but people ignored his production because they said he was a systems QB.
Do you think he would have genuinely survived being named the instant starter over McCown? Would he have saved Denny Green's job? If not, would his personality have matched up with Ken Whisenhunt, or would we have still seen Kurt Warner as the starter?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard