OP
OP
Hollywood

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Lol..

I don't remember what I paid for my kayak, was long ago. I lucked into the canoe as they seemed to be like 900 on Craigslist and a friend sold it to me for 300.

I think the kayak might have been 300 but considering you can use it for life, not a bad deal

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
My brother has both too. Heck, even my wife wants one and she is not really what you would call "outdoorsey" definately worth the price but money is scarce at the moment.

This moment has lasted 9 years so far.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My brother has both too. Heck, even my wife wants one and she is not really what you would call "outdoorsey" definately worth the price but money is scarce at the moment.

This moment has lasted 9 years so far.

Costco has some flat kayaks for like $100 each too. I'm tempted to get those. My kayak is for Rivers and etc so you sit inside instead of on top where those flat ones you can roll off, swim and then climb back on.

Maybe this new job fixed those issues

OP
OP
Hollywood

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Costco has some flat kayaks for like $100 each too. I'm tempted to get those. My kayak is for Rivers and etc so you sit inside instead of on top where those flat ones you can roll off, swim and then climb back on.

Maybe this new job fixed those issues

Ive seen those but wasnt interested. I didnt really know why they were flat. Still want a sit inside but there is an appeal to being able to roll off and go swimming.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ive seen those but wasnt interested. I didnt really know why they were flat. Still want a sit inside but there is an appeal to being able to roll off and go swimming.

My sit in is awesome for riding rivers and whatnot and might go faster than the flat ones. A sit in also has a back rest but im sure you can get one for a sit on.

At this point, after owning a sit in for a long time and rarely being in rivers, usually on lakes instead, I might just switch to sit ons in general. It is a bit slower but has more options.

Plus in a sit on you can strap a cooler to the front :)

If anything I recommend renting some at tempe town lake, I believe they have both kinds to try out.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
I know. When my brother and I flew up to Medford OR to move my dad back to Phoenix I was amazed at all the green from the air. Then when we checked in to our motel the clerk told us that our room backed up to the creek. What she called a creek would be considered a raging river in Arizona.
Medford is considered the "desert-y" part of Oregon too. Once you get to the coastal areas and a little further north towards Eugene...it gets a lot more lush. After living in Oregon for a while, it's funny how the people are: they love phoenix because the weather is so consistently sunny, and people in Phoenix love the pacific northwest due to all the rain. Good times!

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
We bought an 18' trailer last week. Never towed or parked a trailer so this should be fun :D
Ha. I was one of those people when I bought my 24ft trailer. Never towed anything in my life! You'll learn fast.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Heading to Rock Creek Campgrounds off the coast of Oregon in a couple weeks. Has a big creek running through it and the Oregon coast just a football field away...hopefully the weather cooperates!
You must be registered for see images attach
Oh wow! That's about 20 miles south of where I spent a lot of my youth, Waldport OR.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heading home, currently in Payson after spending last 24 hours in the woods camping and wheeling. Should be at the lake all day tomorrow. Pictures are in a different device

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just bought a tent specifically for bathroom use for the girls.

My wife sent back this:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The weekend
You must be registered for see images

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
The weekend

Great pics...looks like you had a great time! That jeep was getting some work in!

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great pics...looks like you had a great time! That jeep was getting some work in!

I wish I had a drone that would follow it or something, I just happened catch the actual wheeling photos from someones facebook and that was one of like 20 obstacles we did.

Even that shelf it climbed in the photos is way bigger than it looks

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
I wish I had a drone that would follow it or something, I just happened catch the actual wheeling photos from someones facebook and that was one of like 20 obstacles we did.

Even that shelf it climbed in the photos is way bigger than it looks
I can tell those shelves are at least a few feet tall...definitely not for the faint of heart. I'm surprised your axle didn't get hung up on the top lol

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can tell those shelves are at least a few feet tall...definitely not for the faint of heart. I'm surprised your axle didn't get hung up on the top lol

Just gotta know your angles :)

There is a big rock later that grabs axles on everyone, I just skip it, ive broken enough axles in the 7 years I have had my jeep.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Awesome pics. Where exactly is that? I love the Payson area. We usually make it up there several times a year, but we haven't been up there since we cut down our christmas tree in Nov.

We're going to Fool Hollow Lake in a couple weeks. First camping trip of the year, can't wait.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome pics. Where exactly is that? I love the Payson area. We usually make it up there several times a year, but we haven't been up there since we cut down our christmas tree in Nov.

We're going to Fool Hollow Lake in a couple weeks. First camping trip of the year, can't wait.

North of Payson off of houston Mesa Road. Not much over there beyond the wash for 4x4. If I wasnt 4x4ing I would just head to the rim itself personally.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Near Horton trailhead

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members