Official Camping Thread

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whats with the mules?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

They are all over lake pleasant. There were a lot of mining communities out there in those mountains and when the mining communities leave, they leave the donkeys behind. So at this point like saguaro has wild horses, bartlett has these.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
buying a 17' canoe tonight off of a buddy with a trolling motor.

I dont really fish but maybe I should start, I know my son wants to.

itll be fun to boat to more remote campsites, cliff jumping locations and etc. Cant wait to pile the whole family in it in the pool and see if it works

OP
OP
Hollywood

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
buying a 17' canoe tonight off of a buddy with a trolling motor.

I dont really fish but maybe I should start, I know my son wants to.

itll be fun to boat to more remote campsites, cliff jumping locations and etc. Cant wait to pile the whole family in it in the pool and see if it works
I would love to start camping in areas you have to boat into. I'm very jealous of people in other parts of the country where people talk about rivers and don't have to specify whether there's water in it.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would love to start camping in areas you have to boat into. I'm very jealous of people in other parts of the country where people talk about rivers and don't have to specify whether there's water in it.

I know of spots on blue ridge reservoir that can only be reached by boat. Thats about it so far. I see spots on saguaro and etc but I dont know if there are rules on the land as to where I can camp or not.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ha! :lmao:

Reminds me of this story about German POW's held in a camp at Papago Park back in WWII. The audio is a hoot:

http://www.saltriverstories.org/items/show/35

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife is sick so I've been canoeing and kayaking in my pool with my toddler all morning

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
We bought an 18' trailer last week. Never towed or parked a trailer so this should be fun :D

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We bought an 18' trailer last week. Never towed or parked a trailer so this should be fun :D

its not too bad, just sketchy at first. Ive only done it once really, put my jeep on a big trailer and took it up on the rim one weekend.

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
I've towed a boat and car trailer a few times. Just different to look out the back window and not see behind you. I just don't want to be those people in the rv park that everyone watches for entertainment :D

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Heading to Rock Creek Campgrounds off the coast of Oregon in a couple weeks. Has a big creek running through it and the Oregon coast just a football field away...hopefully the weather cooperates!
You must be registered for see images attach

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heading to Rock Creek Campgrounds off the coast of Oregon in a couple weeks. Has a big creek running through it and the Oregon coast just a football field away...hopefully the weather cooperates!
You must be registered for see images attach

I'm envious. Oregon is absolutely beautiful.

OP
OP
Hollywood

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
I'm envious. Oregon is absolutely beautiful.
I know. When my brother and I flew up to Medford OR to move my dad back to Phoenix I was amazed at all the green from the air. Then when we checked in to our motel the clerk told us that our room backed up to the creek. What she called a creek would be considered a raging river in Arizona.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah but they all want money for them.

Lol..

I don't remember what I paid for my kayak, was long ago. I lucked into the canoe as they seemed to be like 900 on Craigslist and a friend sold it to me for 300.

I think the kayak might have been 300 but considering you can use it for life, not a bad deal

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk