A Football Life: Bruce Arians - Friday 9p on NFL network

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i wonder if it will air elsewhere, id really like to watch it.

FrustratedFan04

All Star
Reaction score
I'm sure this will be great but an even better subject would be Larry Wilson.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd be just as interested in seeing something like "A day in the life of an NFL coach"

I guess they would have to be workaholics and extremely driven individuals.... 70-80 hours a week?? I'm just wondering what all they have to do that consumes so much time.
I get the whole breaking down film, seeing the opponents tendencies, making a game plan..etc. I'd like to see it laid out so I could better understand the inner workings of what it takes to do the job.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd be just as interested in seeing something like "A day in the life of an NFL coach"

I guess they would have to be workaholics and extremely driven individuals.... 70-80 hours a week?? I'm just wondering what all they have to do that consumes so much time.
I get the whole breaking down film, seeing the opponents tendencies, making a game plan..etc. I'd like to see it laid out so I could better understand the inner workings of what it takes to do the job.

I would like to see that as well.

Did you see the article from Peter King that got into detail on how Palmer prepared and the game plan is installed? It was a great read and very informative.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would like to see that as well.

Did you see the article from Peter King that got into detail on how Palmer prepared and the game plan is installed? It was a great read and very informative.

Dang, I'm glad you reminded me. I forgot to read Part 2.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Def going to watch a football life is a good show

And will be fun watching a cardinal hc one arians deserves the honor

Also arians should win hc of the year again imo

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like full episodes of this show are on youtube, great news :raccoon:

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Love this show in general, but I'm pretty pumped about the BA episode.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
99% of Friday nights for the last 4 years, we're over at Blue Adobe in Mesa, having a few cocktails and dinner at the bar. Tomorrow night we'll have BA on the tube at 9 for all to enjoy. Might have to up my Friday JD/Rocks quota from 3-4 to something higher. :)

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
The best part of the preview is that curly mullet he had the first go around with the Colt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Holy crap this is awesome! Had no idea BA was expelled from high school and that he shared that with Tyrann... What a great story!

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Great show....wish there was more cardinals day to day stuff but I could have watched three hours of that. Even made my fiancé tear up at points

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It was good. Wife asked me to DVR it, but she won't tear up when she see's it. She's hardcore and will ask for more Cardinals stuff.

I didn't really think it was that interesting, frankly. Most of it I knew, aside from him getting expelled from school. The rest of it I'd already heard and knew. The most interesting parts were the comments from PP and Palmer and others earlier in the program. Overall I was disappointed, it's worth watching, but it wasn't anything special. It's not as good as some of their other "football life" programs, I've seen most of them, if not all.

Last edited:

NMCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He is very loyal. I like that he has the older generation still involved with what he is doing.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He is very loyal. I like that he has the older generation still involved with what he is doing.

His wife is just as loyal if not more. She was way young when they met and kept moving, even though she says in the show he didn't make crap for money for a long, long time. He counted on his hands and had something like 10 different jobs at one point. Moving, moving, moving. He got his job with Bryant and she knew he was going to take the job, he gets home, she asks how much it pays, and he says he has no clue, he didn't even ask.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Holy crap this is awesome! Had no idea BA was expelled from high school and that he shared that with Tyrann... What a great story!

I wasn't raised in York, PA, but I've lived here the past 22 years. My daughter graduated from York Catholic, the very school that expelled him. My youngest son is there now. He comes back to York often & speaks at various functions here. This is Steeler country, and his buddies here come dressed in black & gold to his functions. He sees me in my Cardinal gear & always comes over to speak with me. He couldn't believe there was a 50 year Cardinal fan in York, PA. He's an awesome dude!!

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I wasn't raised in York, PA, but I've lived here the past 22 years. My daughter graduated from York Catholic, the very school that expelled him. My youngest son is there now. He comes back to York often & speaks at various functions here. This is Steeler country, and his buddies here come dressed in black & gold to his functions. He sees me in my Cardinal gear & always comes over to speak with me. He couldn't believe there was a 50 year Cardinal fan in York, PA. He's an awesome dude!!

That's cool!

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Ok maybe I am late to the party, but I didn't know Bowles was a player under BA in college. Wow.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Couple of thoughts about things I learned: (or remembered again)

The Steelers "retired" BA because of concerns about him not protecting Ben. Is it just me, or has he taken just as much (if not more) punishment since BA left?

I find it pretty humorous that the Bears passed on BA because of his insistence of bringing Bowles with him. :D

To add insult to injury, the guy they didn't want as a DC, is now a head coach with a better record than John Fox currently.:biglaugh: