Wolfley stick getting old?

Dude

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I've been a fan of Wolfley's for a long time. This might get me kicked out of here but I just don't like listening to him anymore. IMO his stick needs an overhaul. The man gives me snot bubbles and ear bleeds with the same tired over the top adjective laced rants. Take out a lot of the junk. There's still good football knowledge in there.

I'm sorry that is all. :bang:

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Never liked him, too over the top and trying too hard to be funny.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's passionate, loves football and the Cardinals. I like his color commentating as it's very seldom I hear him considering we usually get the national broadcasts, but if you listen to him everyday on 98.7 than I can see where you are coming from.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Wolfley with Pash is ok - What I can't stand is Calvisi with <insert anyone>.

omg, the screeching hurts my ears, lol

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I've watched the Eagles two preseason games to see Tebow. Mike Mayock has been the color man on both games. Mayock can be just as over the top as Wolfley. The difference is that Mayock gives you the football knowledge so he comes across as outspoken whereas Wolfley is just bombastic.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's a big man, you could cook a turkey in his bellybutton. It's those kind of one liners that make me enjoy Wolfley.

Yes some of his stuff becomes redundant but I don't hear him enough for it to annoy me.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
The problem with Wolf is that he tries out material on his morning show, so if you listen to that, you've already heard his Wolf-isms for the week. Makes them less endearing when you realize they aren't impromptu.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tired of Wolf and his rambling on about stuff. What's worse is when he's wrong and goes on and on.

I know he is the info guy and at times he is good. Needs to tone it down.

OP
OP
D

Dude

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I've watched the Eagles two preseason games to see Tebow. Mike Mayock has been the color man on both games. Mayock can be just as over the top as Wolfley. The difference is that Mayock gives you the football knowledge so he comes across as outspoken whereas Wolfley is just bombastic.

That's what I was trying to say. Over time that has become old for me. IMO it's time for a more modern take on the game. I wish he would just do that.

it's shtick or schtick - yiddish for gimmick

:bim: :)

Don't know. :D

Last edited:

RedRob

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I enjoy him, don't hear him that much though so it doesn't get old.

His comment about the player (forget which one) that reminded him of someone you'd buy something from Craigslist and you get to their place and the door's half open and it's dim inside...that had me rolling.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I like him. Can't figure out why some people don't as it seems to me he has passion for the game and he loves what he does.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Really like Wolf.. But I happen to know what ticks inside him and where his passion truly lies...
That said, it would be great if he altered his "on air" just a bit. He doesn't always have to be the funniest guy in the room. And he doesn't always have to harken back to when he played...

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Really like Wolf.. But I happen to know what ticks inside him and where his passion truly lies...
That said, it would be great if he altered his "on air" just a bit. He doesn't always have to be the funniest guy in the room. And he doesn't always have to harken back to when he played...

So where does his passion really lye? Baking? :D

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
So where does his passion really lye? Baking? :D

Ha! Make no mistake - his passion will always be football, Cards football to be specific... However, Wolf's faith is what is most important to him and where he places his heart and soul...

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Ha! Make no mistake - his passion will always be football, Cards football to be specific... However, Wolf's faith is what is most important to him and where he places his heart and soul...

Yea, he has been talking a little bit more about the church he goes to, or I might have heard about it here more. Good for him on both accounts. :D

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I just wish he would stop calling Phoenix "the basin" and referring to his listeners as the basin audience.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen