Every game is a must win from here on...

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
There are more than enough games left for the Niners or Seahawks to catch us. We play close games and win but we play all our games close and our remaining schedule is tough which means we could lose a slew of games if the ball bounces wrong at the end of a few of them. I am not going to rest till first I know for a fact we are in the playoffs, then I won't stop feeling paranoid till we have the chance of winning the top seed because that top seed makes me see a Super Bowl as a possibility. Looking at the remaining schedule, with Drew as our QB (he is not going to get in a flow for better or worse till about three more games of live action in my opinion) against some tough teams... I luv coach Arians because as he stated we have won nothing yet and need to keep winning!

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We need to win Game is for a different reason. Home-field advantage. We won't win at Lambeau with a backup QB

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There are more than enough games left for the Niners or Seahawks to catch us. We play close games and win but we play all our games close and our remaining schedule is tough which means we could lose a slew of games if the ball bounces wrong at the end of a few of them. I am not going to rest till first I know for a fact we are in the playoffs, then I won't stop feeling paranoid till we have the chance of winning the top seed because that top seed makes me see a Super Bowl as a possibility. Looking at the remaining schedule, with Drew as our QB (he is not going to get in a flow for better or worse till about three more games of live action in my opinion) against some tough teams... I luv coach Arians because as he stated we have won nothing yet and need to keep winning!

Our margin between winning & losing is so infinitesimal that we could conceivably win every game or lose every game the rest of the way. Neither would shock me.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Much love homie! :raccoon:

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Playing meaningful football in Nov...

THAT is what matters the most to me.

We have a GOOD team capable of winning.
Whether they do or not remains to be seen.

MARK IN SC :)

...Quickly becoming a "professional" BASK-er.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
My feeling is that we are due for a good ass kicking one of these games. This week's game is set up to possibly be that game, although I'm not sure that the Seahawks' offense is up to a blowout of anyone in our division.

I am not expecting a win this week though. Everything is lined up against us.
1. Seattle is at home and desperate for a win. A loss would end their season for all intensive purposes.
2. The weather is going to be horrendous, cold and wet both.
3. The Seattle fans are the loudest.
4. We are do for an off week, considering we are far from a perfect team in any sense.
5. Nagging injuries are bound to take a toll eventually.
6. All things are lined up for a Seattle win.
7. If we can somehow win this game, I will buy into, for the first time, that this really is our year and that we can beat anyone anywhere.

NYCARDS

Registered
Reaction score
Unrealistic expectations to win every remaining game. I would like to see it but going 15-1 sounds like a stretch. Play hard and play smart and we will win division and hopefully enough for home field throughout. This team has given us way more than we anticipated at this point. Let's enjoy that fir a little while before calling each game here on in a must win.

Jim Otis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I doubt we will win out , just being real . I'm feeling good about winning the remaining games that I think we should win ----- at Falcons ------ Chiefs in the desert ----- Hags in the desert , and I think it's probable we can steal one of the others = 13 and 3 = #1 seed .

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
My feeling is that we are due for a good ass kicking one of these games. This week's game is set up to possibly be that game, although I'm not sure that the Seahawks' offense is up to a blowout of anyone in our division.

1. Seattle is at home and desperate for a win. A loss would end their season for all intensive purposes.
4. We are do for an off week, considering we are far from a perfect team in any sense.
7. If we can somehow win this game, I will buy into, for the first time, that this really is our year and that we can beat anyone anywhere.

Sorry, but other than the Bronco game when we ended up with Logan and the score then became overblown after being down one score... we might lose, but nobody is going to kick our ass as you put it with this team if Stanton stays healthy :)

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Totally disagree. Seattle is still one of the toughest places to play in the NFL, other than UofP of course ;). The last thing this team needs to have is the mentality that the sky is falling if they lose 1 game. This will be a tough game, I know this team expects to win but of all the games left on our schedule this is the one I am least sure of.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I've been expecting us to lose a lot of games already. I mean, really, the Chargers when Rivers was still healthy, the Giants on the road at an early game, SF with a backup QB, the Eagles when everyone said they were the class of the NFC, the Cowboys when everyone said THEY were the class of the NFC minus Romo or not, the Lions when everyone said now THEY were the class of the NFC, the Rams when they were hot.

See a pattern? Everyone is a badass in the media until they play us. Then suddenly they aren't. Suddenly those teams aren't as good as the media thought. It's never that we're better than they thought, it's that those other NFC class teams aren't as good.

I fully expect us to win this game. That's what BA has done to me. When he said in an interview they're the champs and we haven't done ****, I said yes! He will have our team ready to play.

Seattle has no weapons at WR. If you thought we stacked a box before and asked Cro and PP to play man before now, just wait. We're going to get after them and I expect Buchanon to have a huge day.

We're going to win this game and bury these chumps. I fully expect us to win out. I predicted 14-2 before the year started, now I think 15-1 is possible.

(edit: I should add, all the motivational stuff about Seattle needing to win is nothing compared to our team. We missed the playoffs by one game last year. BA can point to any single game we lost last year and say they're all important and it will be true)

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3-3 will get us the number seed as long our W's are at home against Seattle, and on the road against Atlanta and STL. The Packers will lose one more game and we'll have the conference tie-breaker over them at that point. And the Hawks/Niners won't be able to catch us.

12-4. Homefield advantage throughout the playoffs. That'll work.

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
3-3 will get us the number seed as long our W's are at home against Seattle, and on the road against Atlanta and STL. The Packers will lose one more game and we'll have the conference tie-breaker over them at that point. And the Hawks/Niners won't be able to catch us.

I agree. I think this team has to approach each game with a must win urgency because it is going to take that determination to accomplish those three wins with the way they play each game close to the vest and they do not have the luxury to pick when to win... though it would be marvelous if Stanton could throw two touchdowns and then proceed to follow that up with a few more instead of a few interceptions to keep the script as usual lol

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Seattle fans are not the loudest... As for #2, see updated forecast below. Looking better.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-21-21-55-54.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-11-21-21-55-54.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 135

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

This. Green Bay is going to go 5 & 1 and end up with 12 wins. We need to get to 12 wins and we'll lock up home field thru the entire post season!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

All 7 of your points are valid............. but you can't shortchange the fact that this is a divisional rivalry & the Cardinals are a physically & mentally tough bunch. No way we get thumped, unless we have to play Lindley / LT for a long stretch of time. I fully expect BA to have his team ready to come out swinging. This will be a violent game! If we win, Seattle will fold up their tents and mail in the rest of their season.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
I made a prediction before TC we would go 13-3. I had us losing to the Broncos, SEA (away), and the 49ers (away, last game of the season).

So far, I have been scary accurate.

If we are going to dump a game, I would rather do it sooner than later. I believe the stage is set for a Cardinal loss tomorrow, for all the reasons pointed out by S.B.F. I also believe that a win tomorrow will pretty much seal the deal on how the NFCW will shake out/where we will stand as NFC contenders.

Tomorrow is going to be a war. I expect a ton of ish talking and fights.

Jim Otis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

It's a nice view from our Cardinals position , the Hags and whiners both chasing us , but have to play each other two times . It really puts each one of those 2 teams in a must sweep the other position . If you think I'm smiling while typing this , well you would be right !!!

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is a must win game for Seattle. This is not a must win game for the Cardinals. Hence the danger in this game.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Totally disagree. Seattle is still one of the toughest places to play in the NFL, other than UofP of course ;). The last thing this team needs to have is the mentality that the sky is falling if they lose 1 game. This will be a tough game, I know this team expects to win but of all the games left on our schedule this is the one I am least sure of.

I don't think this team will think that under any circumstance. After the Denver blowout, the rest of the football world suspected that the wheels finally came off, but instead this team won 6 in a row(so far). If we lose Sunday, there will be no shame in it. There is no unbeatable team left on our schedule. KC just lost to the Raiders. Seattle lost to St. Louis. We've already beaten SF and they lost to the Rams at home. And as was said, our house is a tough place to play. We're 6-0 so far at home for a reason.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
In one sense we need a good loss before season ends. It will sharpen us up. Winning out is not necessarily the best thing for any team. A good loss will bring everyone back to earth and make sure no one is over confident or think we are better than we are.

So I won't mind a loss in the least.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

1. Seattle is not the team they were last year. They have now lost twice at home in their last 7 games. Desperation can add pressure and force mistakes. Also the only thing a loss would do is end their aspirations of winning the divivsion.
2. It will rain on both sides of the field.
3. Fans didn't effect us in last years victory, and Arizona fans have now caused the most false starts.
4. Due for an off week? I honestly believe we haven't played to our potential yet.
5. Seattle has their share of injuries as well.
6. All things are lined up? Have you noticed they have lost 4 games this year? Why are "things lined up"? They are 3-3 in their last 6 and barely neat the Panthers and Raiders.
7. Turn it around. Let's say the Seahawks were 9-1 and we were 6-4. Would you be buying into the Seahawks by now? Yes , because that's what we are used to seeing.

The tides have shifted my friend. The king is dead (almost) and we have a hammer and nail in our hands with an opportunity to all but hang up the West Division Champs sign up.
If our motivation doesn't match their desperation then I don't know what does!

It still may take some of us a while to believe. Look at the standings, Look at the record. Look at who we have defeated and maybe more importantly, look at when we defeated them, They were all said to be the best in the conference at that point.

Our new mantra...NEXT!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn