OT: New Ray Rice video released

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
That's not spin, you're flat out calling them liars. The NFL said that no one involved saw that video prior to yesterday. But maybe you're right. Maybe they are all liars. If so, I'm sure that information will leak out.

Steve

Uh... yea. I'm calling them liars. ESPN had a guy on last night who used to head security for a NFL team (I was half out of it after getting back from the game...), and he thought it was laughable that both the Ravens and the NFL claim to not have seen the video.
But, lets just say I'm wrong and they aren't fibbing, they still KNEW that Rice had knocked out his lady. The video only showed what we already knew. So now, just because the rest of the country is p.o.'d about it, they collectively take additional action? I mean, did Rice knock her out again for a second time??

What a joke...

So, as I was saying....

It's now being widely reported by several credible outlets that the NFL did see the video - which means the Ravens saw the video as well...
I'm not at all surprised by this "revelation"... however, I am stunned at the incompetence and hubris on the part of the NFL... just stunning. To first dish out a meek 2 game suspension, and then follow up with a indefinite suspension and release from the team. It just doesn't get much more incompetent that that. But to then lie about the facts - particularly Goodell on a national new outlet (CBS)... The hubris is stomach-turning... :mad:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, as I was saying....

It's now being widely reported by several credible outlets that the NFL did see the video - which means the Ravens saw the video as well...
I'm not at all surprised by this "revelation"... however, I am stunned at the incompetence and hubris on the part of the NFL... just stunning. To first dish out a meek 2 game suspension, and then follow up with a indefinite suspension and release from the team. It just doesn't get much more incompetent that that. But to then lie about the facts - particularly Goodell on a national new outlet (CBS)... The hubris is stomach-turning... :mad:

It has? One person is saying that one person received it. Anything else is speculation. I'll wait for the facts.

Steve

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
There are 3 threads about the video and/or about when the NFL got a copy of it, so I guess I'll put this here. This is Andrew Sharp from Grantland killing Goodell on Sept 9th, before it was reported that the NFL got a copy of the video in April.

I don’t know if I believe that the NFL hadn’t seen the Ray Rice elevator footage before it was released by TMZ on Monday morning. It’s just impossible. The NFL is the most powerful league on earth, with unlimited funds and its own security team to gather evidence whenever players are investigated. If TMZ could get the video, the NFL could have gotten the video.

Then again, it’s just as impossible to imagine that anyone with the league could have watched that video and decided that two games was the right suspension for Rice. So who knows what really happened? Depending on how you look at things, the NFL is either incompetent and irresponsible, or inhumane and reprehensible.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/what-does-it-take-to-get-roger-goodell-fired-2/

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
It has? One person is saying that one person received it. Anything else is speculation. I'll wait for the facts.

Steve

This seems a bit more than just speculation... But yes, I'm sure there will be plenty more facts surfacing in the coming days...

AP: Law enforcement official says NFL had Ray Rice video in April

A law enforcement official told the AP he sent a video of Ray Rice punching his then-fiancee to an NFL executive five months ago. The league and Commissioner Roger Goodell have been adamant they didn't see the violent images until this week.
The person played the Associated Press a 12-second voicemail from an NFL office number on April 9 confirming the video arrived. A female voice expresses thanks and says: "You're right. It's terrible."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...-source-says-rice-video-sent-to-nfl/15407231/

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it's true that the NFL had seen the video before I don't see how he keeps his job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it's true that the NFL had seen the video before I don't see how he keeps his job.

If it's true you're right, he definitely won't keep his job. I don't think it's true but I wouldn't rule out that one or more in the NFL saw it and failed to disclose that fact. But regardless of his guilt or innocence, this has a good chance of ending his career.

Steve

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm picturing his greeting from the crowd should he open the next draft in NYC.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am sure they could arrange that. The NFL will have the draft in Baltimore so their fans can give a standing ovation.
and Ray Lewis and Terrell Suggs can come on stage and make the 2nd round calls for the Crows.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
gotta love the timing of having Rihanna, who got beaten to a pulp by her boyfriend, performing tonight at the Ravens-Steelers game.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
gotta love the timing of having Rihanna, who got beaten to a pulp by her boyfriend, performing tonight at the Ravens-Steelers game.

Maybe they can get Jay-Z as well.

Open with Aerosmith performing "love in an elevator"

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Someone in my office saw it, but I didn't. I am just the Commissioner."
Great. Sounds legit.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
It's the oldest crime in human history- some cultures and countries promote it! ( we are at war with some)
I've helped people through DV in my career, None have received this much attention.
Blaming or firing Goodell is silly, NFL is taking the place of law enforcement- moral authority and government!
Sad this who America looks too for contemporary moral issues

Some here like stats where here are some
link to DV stats
http://www.ncadv.org/files/National%20DV%20Stats%20Sept%202014.pdf

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort