Breaking Bad (AMC)

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The scarface thing was a little heavy handed, but I thought the rest of the episode was great, especially the way Walt got out f that moment with Marie. Man... His character is such a loathsome SOB at this point.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The scarface thing was a little heavy handed, but I thought the rest of the episode was great, especially the way Walt got out f that moment with Marie. Man... His character is such a loathsome SOB at this point.

You didn't think his last comment to Jesse wasn't heavy handed, too? Wondered if it meant the whole thing with Jesse has been an act. He's obviously biting his tongue with Mike for now, but no way he lets the perceived disrespect go. He's plotting something nefarious fo shizzle.

Comparatively, Jesse is the only mature adult in that partnership.

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You didn't think his last comment to Jesse wasn't heavy handed, too? Wondered if it meant the whole thing with Jesse has been an act. He's obviously biting his tongue with Mike for now, but no way he lets the perceived disrespect go. He's plotting something nefarious fo shizzle.

I don't think it was heavy-handed, i think he was sending Jesse a message. I don't think Walt particularly enjoyed Jesse stepping in to be the good guy giving Mike the money for Mike's guys and that comment Walt made at the end was probably a message he wanted Jesse to have for the tenuous future they have with Mike and underlying that, it was a message sent to Jesse as well.

but this show really is something. they've taken a really interesting, nobody, turned him into this anti-hero that people love and have believably turned him into a villain that I now loathe. it's incredible television. just incredible.

SpokaneCardfan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I was wondering if that was a little foreshadowing of what is to become of Walt. Remember S5E1 when he is buying the M-60 in the trunk of the car. That is his 52 birthday in that scene and it Marie was talking about his 51 birthday in the last show.

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
um... after four seasons with a plethora of truly gnarly scenes, tonight's very simple Skyler v. Walt talk after the pool incident might have put all of them to shame. that was intense as a non-action/non-violent scene as I've ever seen.

this show... just never fails to impress.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, just effin wow.

I am guessing that gift watch from Jesse will pop up somewhere down the line, quite significantly.... or not. Might be similar to the poolside potted plant.... or not.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I freaking hate Skyler

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll bet that. She might try (although, I'd be surprised) but there's now way I see her succeeding.

It would make one helluva last episode as justifiable homicide and she walks. So does Walt survive or go down in a hail of bullets in the end?

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would make one helluva last episode as justifiable homicide and she walks. So does Walt survive or go down in a hail of bullets in the end?

i don't know... but I he's got to have something coming to him... like dying a slow painful death due to cancer... alone... and beaten. that's the worst possible ending for him. death is easy.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone wish to see that hat burn? It's, like, evil.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thing I love about this show the most is - even if you sort of figure out right away how an episode will end...it can still blow you away when it actually happens.

NMCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
A cool little side story:
Teen, spiders break into Breaking Bad

Tarantula wrangler trained arachnids for roles

RIO RANCHO, N.M. (KRQE) - The latest episode of the cable crime series Breaking Bad is trending in a huge way in the cyber world for a lot of reasons.

It's shocking, disturbing and going viral, and the episode's big stars are a young boy and a trio of tarantulas, all of them local.

Chris Webb, 15, is from Rio Rancho and plays a kid riding his bike around the mesa collecting tarantulas. He also witnesses some shenanigans involving the stars of the show about a high school chemistry teacher turned methamphetamine kingpin.

Rest of the story at the link. Be sure to watch the video.

http://www.krqe.com/dpp/features/teen-spiders-break-into-breaking-bad

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
End of the last episode if directed by Larry David of Curb Your Enthusiasm fame:

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Flew through season 4 on netflix. What a finish! They had me fooled there for a moment with Gus. I was thinking...you've got to be kidding me. Then they panned the camera. The work with the camera is amazing on this show. After the last episode ended I went back to the beginning of episode 12 to rewatch the scene in his backyard when he was spinning the gun. After the third spin the camera moves over and shows the plant. Brilliant!

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow just saw last weeks. Insane ending

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My friend Genny wrote tonight's show... killer job on that dinner scene.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The dinner table scene tonight was awesome. Jesse was straight cracking me up!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison