This Season was sunk the day Whis fell in love with trash.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Leinart sucked. I'm ready for Hall. The division is up for the taking and we are the most talented team. I'd rather not wait until we're completely out of this thing to make a change at QB, but it is all up to Whiz.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's the point of threads like this? Would we really be better with Matt? That's unknowable. We might be 0-2.

Either way, Matt's gone and he ain't coming back so just move on.

:yeahthat:

And Warner isn't coming out of retirement. (I know no one has mentioned it yet; it's just a preemptive strike.)

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What's the point of threads like this? Would we really be better with Matt? That's unknowable. We might be 0-2.

Either way, Matt's gone and he ain't coming back so just move on.

+1. Matt Leinart wouldn't have been any better folks. After Warner left, finding a starting NFL QB should have been priority #1, problem is there weren't a lot available on the market (trade or FA) and after Bradford, there were no NFL ready QB's in this draft. Maybe we secure a Top 10 pick and get a shot at Andrew Luck, no one suggest Locker that guy is way overrated and should not be the #1 pick.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The season was lost when all the key contributors to the Cards success left and the Cards did absolutely nothing to replace them. Wiz and company were caught with their pants down and instead of pulling the trigger for someone like McNabb he went for DA. Instead of making a play for an impact player at LB, they relied on aging veterans that will only be serviceable for a year or two. For all the great things Wiz did since arriving in AZ, he and the FO bungled this offseason terribly that will have repercussions for the next few seasons. For all intents and purposes the Arizona Cardinals are in a rebuilding mode and will be for awhile.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would venture to guess that ATL would have 2 less TDs... 17 to 7 is much better...

That's ust a guess and quite a stretch of one at that. Was Matt gonna go play some D?

Matt doesn't play defense.

So, it's beyond your comprehension that LIAC believes our offense would have had more playing time if Matt had been qb, which in turn, would have meant that Atlanta's offense wouldn't have been on the field so much? Really? I thought it was pretty simple to understand.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, it's beyond your comprehension that LIAC believes our offense would have had more playing time if Matt had been qb, which in turn, would have meant that Atlanta's offense wouldn't have been on the field so much? Really? I thought it was pretty simple to understand.

Easy to understand. Yet completely off base.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Of all people, you shouldn't be dropping "beyond your comprehension" smack when you already know my take on Toast as our QB. I think Toast would have done better than DA, absolutely.

However, the defense already showed it backside to the Falcons running game LONG before DA had a chance to ruin the game. Taking a 10-7 game and turning it into a 17-7 game in the blink of an eye was demoralizing, especially after they had such a huge run to get the score and tighten it to 3 points. They just gave it right back.

The defense was atrocious...from the get go...15 yard penalty out of the gates...Atlanta spent more time on our side of the field than theirs.

DA sucks out loud, I have seen nothing from him that makes me comfortable, I don't care if Toast lost the lockerroom, because DA won't have it for long either, and though we'll beat the Raiduhs next week at home, we will be 2-3 going into the bye and that might be the closest we get to a winning record for the remainder of the season.

The ONE strength I was counting on for this team was the defense, and they went out there today and embarrased themselves. I expect the offense to struggle. I don't expect the D to look worse than the O.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
DA sucks out loud, I have seen nothing from him that makes me comfortable, I don't care if Toast lost the lockerroom, because DA won't have it for long either, and though we'll beat the Raiduhs next week at home, we will be 2-3 going into the bye and that might be the closest we get to a winning record for the remainder of the season.

The ONE strength I was counting on for this team was the defense, and they went out there today and embarrased themselves. I expect the offense to struggle. I don't expect the D to look worse than the O.

Those 2 paragraphs pretty much sum up how I feel. I am not optimistic. DA is who I thought he was and that ain't good. I think Whisenhunt's ego got the best of him here, he was convinced he and his coaches could make him a better QB than he ever was and that task is quixotic at best.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
We gave up 33 first downs to our 11, and let the Falcons rack up an almost 20 minute time of possession differential... Yes, DA is not Kurt Warner, but how this crap is coming up when our defense never once showed up today (oh, should I mention some scrub names Snelling??), is amazing to see... :bang:

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
We gave up 33 first downs to our 11, and let the Falcons rack up an almost 20 minute time of possession differential... Yes, DA is not Kurt Warner, but how this crap is coming up when our defense never once showed up today (oh, should I mention some scrub names Snelling??), is amazing to see... :bang:

The defenses bad play does not excuse DA's bad play and vice versa

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
The defenses bad play does not excuse DA's bad play and vice versa

Exactly what did DA do that was even close to the level of putridness put out by our defense? DA was against a wall the entire game. Not making excuses as he could have been better... however, IMHO, 10 penalities, letting some scrub like Snelling OWN us, and not once being able to stop a 3rd down conversion, not tackle and not put a finger on Ryan.. all of that dwarfs anything done (or not done) by DA...

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Exactly what did DA do that was even close to the level of putridness put out by our defense? DA was against a wall the entire game. Not making excuses as he could have been better... however, IMHO, 10 penalities, letting some scrub like Snelling OWN us, and not once being able to stop a 3rd down conversion, not tackle and not put a finger on Ryan.. all of that dwarfs anything done (or not done) by DA...

Oh I don't know maybe converting a single stinking 3rd down would be nice..sustaining a drive helps the whole team.

Anderson is TERRIBLE...our defense played TERRIBLE one does not mitigate the other

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whiz wanted 1st downs and throws down the field...

I saw a lot of check downs and no conversions for 3rd down today. But hey, DA can take a hit, right Whiz?!

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
look at this way for this year:
QB-downgrade
WR-downgrade
LB-downgrade
OL- downgrade
S-downgrade
DL-same
RB-same, once Wells gets back
TE- They stink both years
CB- Toler is an upgrade over McFadden but the depth is still terrible.

so, basically the Cards are worse at every position group compared to last year's team. It's probably going to be a long year. The only saving grace is an easy schedule.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Oh I don't know maybe converting a single stinking 3rd down would be nice..sustaining a drive helps the whole team.

Anderson is TERRIBLE...our defense played TERRIBLE one does not mitigate the other

Totally agree... But the slant of this thread seemed to be pinning tall of this on DA.
Go back and look at the 3rd down plays and see how much time DA had to throw. And when he was able to actually get off a pass, see how much separation was there between our WR's and the defense... Fitz is still not 100%, Breaston got tweaked today as well... and that left Williams who showed he still has a ton to learn... it's all pretty f'n ugly...

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Unfortunately Matt is just as bad as DA.

We will never know, it is even possible he could have been worse. With the hits DA has been taking though and Leinarts lack of durability he might not have made it to halftime today though.

nscr1006

Reaction score
look at this way for this year:
QB-downgrade
WR-downgrade
LB-downgrade
OL- downgrade
S-downgrade
DL-same
RB-same, once Wells gets back
TE- They stink both years
CB- Toler is an upgrade over McFadden but the depth is still terrible.

so, basically the Cards are worse at every position group compared to last year's team. It's probably going to be a long year. The only saving grace is an easy schedule.

Unfortunately it's ONLY easy if you include OUR division. Seahawks, 9er's, heck, even the Rams again are not going to be locks.

Remove EVERY teams divisional games and we have the 6th (SIXTH) hardest schedule in the NFL.

Feeling comfortable about our chances now ?

DieHardCardFan

Dallas 2011
Reaction score
If we lose to the Raiders then the wheels will fly by shooting out flames.

Exactly!!!! And if DA is at the helm it likely will look alot like the Rams game, could win could lose. The guys just flat out sucks!!! No shoc, he has sucked his whole career besides one year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson