The Wire

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't see any threads about The Wire. Anybody else watching it? I just got through season 1 and it is really impressive. One of the best shows out there. I think they are showing season 4 now so I still have a while to catch up.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad you brought this up. I have been duping the discs and look forward to watching them once I finish VM S2 and Freaks And Geeks.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I've been watching this show from day one, great series.
This season is off to a goos start and I look forward to it each Sunday.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't like the lead actor, he's weak

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I enjoy watching the water, but I do have to admit that I liked the story line about the dock workers the most.

Joe

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad you brought this up. I have been duping the discs and look forward to watching them once I finish VM S2 and Freaks And Geeks.

Alright. Time to get it on.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just watched episode 2 this morning. Man this show is well acted. Each episode is like a mini film.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watched the first 8 episodes. This show is fan-tastic.

Anyone? Bueller?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haven't watched. I do love most of the HBO shows out there. The Wire is just one of those shows that I intend on picking up on DVD, but show always shows up as a higher want.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am on episode 7/13 of season 2. This show is awesome. I wish someone else watched it, so I could talk about it.

This show should get as much run as the other HBO shows, but sadly doesnt.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I am on episode 7/13 of season 2. This show is awesome. I wish someone else watched it, so I could talk about it.

This show should get as much run as the other HBO shows, but sadly doesnt.

abomb. The Wire is amazing. I only got up to about season 3, but I'm with you fam. What's crazy is that one of my fraternity brothers is one of the cops on that show. That's too cool.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
abomb. The Wire is amazing. I only got up to about season 3, but I'm with you fam. What's crazy is that one of my fraternity brothers is one of the cops on that show. That's too cool.

Who is he? What season?

I liked season 1 a lot and it is really cool to see the transition to different characters in season 2.

I was shocked when

D'Angelo was murdered in prison! :shock: It took me until Stringer was paying the guy in the following episode to figure out he was behind the hit.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Who is he? What season?

I liked season 1 a lot and it is really cool to see the transition to different characters in season 2.

I was shocked when

D'Angelo was murdered in prison! :shock: It took me until Stringer was paying the guy in the following episode to figure out he was behind the hit.

LOL Yes the D'Angelo scene was crazy. Ready for this one abomb. The dude that did it is one of my best friends. LOL!! When I saw him over the holidays after that show. I gave him such a hard time! My frat brother though plays one of the background cops, he's in a lot of scenes but has only a few speaking roles.

Last edited:

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finished season 2 and it may be better than season 1.

I'll start season 3 in a few months, which I thought was the school, but that is season 4.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
All three seasons are awesome. I am waiting for season four to come out on DVD, its basically set up on Netflix for priority once it is released.

OP
OP
Griffin

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Alright, I just finished season 4. I can't think of a better show on TV right now than this. Everything from acting to writing to cinematography is superb. And this show is just brutal. You see something bad happen and you star looking forward to the bad guy getting caught or killed or fired and then you realize what show you are watching and you know that most likely there will be no karma, there will be no redemption, that the good guys don't always win in the end. The show paints a world that we would like to pretend does not exist.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright, I just finished season 4. I can't think of a better show on TV right now than this. Everything from acting to writing to cinematography is superb. And this show is just brutal. You see something bad happen and you star looking forward to the bad guy getting caught or killed or fired and then you realize what show you are watching and you know that most likely there will be no karma, there will be no redemption, that the good guys don't always win in the end. The show paints a world that we would like to pretend does not exist.

I am getting pretty close to starting season 3. Does season 4 revolve around the school?

OP
OP
Griffin

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I am getting pretty close to starting season 3. Does season 4 revolve around the school?
Education and politics mostly, but it's a little bit of everything.

OP
OP
Griffin

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The final season starts in just two weeks: January 6th, 2008.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
I just finished season four. It really is the best show on television and I can't wait to see how they wrap it up.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome.

I just started Season 3. Only one ep through so far. I love, love, love this show.