Worst Cardinals draft ever.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I was thinking about some of the battles that have been fought on this board......it led me to think of something funny. What if the Cards made the absolute worst picks in every round? Not necessarily outlandish picks, but huge reaches.

Everyone, I want you all to come up with your worst mock drafts. I don't want to see any kickers selected with the number six overall, but do be creative.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
How's this-

1) Larry Johnson, RB

2) Al Johnson, C

3) Tully Banta-Cain, DE

4) Ken Dorsey, QB

5) Carl Morris, WR

6) Dan Klecko, DT

6) Cedrik Henry, CB

7) Gabe Reid, TE

A little believable in a nightmarish way, I don't mind Al Johnson or Carl Morris... just wanted to make it a little believable.

OP
OP
Krangodnzr

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Re: How's this-

Originally posted by Jetstream Green
1) Larry Johnson, RB

2) Al Johnson, C

3) Tully Banta-Cain, DE

4) Ken Dorsey, QB

5) Carl Morris, WR

6) Dan Klecko, DT

6) Cedrik Henry, CB

7) Gabe Reid, TE

A little believable in a nightmarish way, I don't mind Al Johnson or Carl Morris... just wanted to make it a little believable.

ACK! THAT IS HORRRIBLE! :D :thumbup:

My Worst Mock ever will be out shortly.....

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I will just make it simple:

Cardinals trade entire draft for Carson Palmer

USC Quarterback...nuff said

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
Cards trade #6, next years #1 and #2 to Cinci

#1 - Jimmy Kennedy

#3 - Kareem Kelly

#4 - Donnie Nickey

#5 - Ken Dorsey

#6 - Casey Urlacher (fb)

#7 - Brock Forsey

OP
OP
Krangodnzr

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mr. Boston89
Cards trade #6, next years #1 and #2 to Cinci

#1 - Jimmy Kennedy

#3 - Kareem Kelly

#4 - Donnie Nickey

#5 - Ken Dorsey

#6 - Casey Urlacher (fb)

#7 - Brock Forsey

Pretty terrible also! :D

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmm...

Worst Cardinal Draft....that's challenging. I will select guys that are listed in the Sporting News Draft guy as going in the appropriate round.

1. Jordan Gross-OT Declaring that Pete Kendall is our new starting Center, Cardinals draft the "final piece" to their offensive line....their dominating left tackle of the future. After the draft, LJ Shelton signs a 5 year extension and Gross becomes our dominating left guard of the future who MAY move to Tackle if that situation should ever warrant a move but probably not.

2. LaMarcus McDonald-OLB Scouting report reads: Upfield playmaker in college but is undersized, lacks great coverage skills and gets into trouble when reached by blockers.

Wait, this is the scouting report for Levar Fisher...

Err....Raynoch Thompson?

3. Chris Simms QB Remember when Simms and Emmitt Smith used to dominate the NFC East? Well now they play for us so we can dominate the NFC East. Errr....damn it is 2003.

4. Andrew Williams DE Ooooh undersized with knee problems! This guy screams Arizona Cardinal.

5. Jason Goss-CB a 5'9" corner that runs a "blazing" 4.63 40. Is touted as our new punt returner.

6. Aubrayo Franklin-DT Run stuffer with little pass rush ability. Seems we are currently collecting that kind of DT.

6. Kai Ellis DE Cardinals continue their quest for situational pass rushers by drafting this 238 pound DE. He is mistakenly given a WR's number during training camp.

7. Wilson Thomas-WR We have to take a Cornhusker somewhere. It is another Cardinal tradition. At 6'5", the Cardinals declare he is a TE and give him the jersey of former all pro Tywan Mitchell.

Last edited:

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
"All Johson" Cardinal Draft

1) Larry Johnson, RB

2) Al Johnson, C

3) Tully Banta-Cain, DE
I don't have time to put it together, but -

Rather than Banta-Cain and the others, why not just keep drafting "the best available Johnson?"

OP
OP
Krangodnzr

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Re: Hmmm...

Originally posted by Chris_Sanders
Worst Cardinal Draft....that's challenging. I will select guys that are listed in the Sporting News Draft guy as going in the appropriate round.

1. Jordan Gross-OT Declaring that Pete Kendall is our new starting Center, Cardinals draft the "final piece" to their offensive line....their dominating left tackle of the future. After the draft, LJ Shelton signs a 5 year extension and Gross becomes our dominating left guard of the future who MAY move to Tackle if that situation should ever warrant a move but probably not.

2. LaMarcus McDonald-OLB Scouting report reads: Upfield playmaker in college but is undersized, lacks great coverage skills and gets into trouble when reached by blockers.

Wait, this is the scouting report for Levar Fisher...

Err....Raynoch Thompson?

3. Chris Simms QB Remember when Simms and Emmitt Smith used to dominate the NFC East? Well now they play for us so we can dominate the NFC East. Errr....damn it is 2003.

4. Andrew Williams DE Ooooh undersized with knee problems! This guy screams Arizona Cardinal.

5. Jason Goss-CB a 5'9" corner that runs a "blazing" 4.63 40. Is touted as our new punt returner.

6. Aubrayo Franklin-DT Run stuffer with little pass rush ability. Seems we are currently collecting that kind of DT.

6. Kai Ellis DE Cardinals continue their quest for situational pass rushers by drafting this 238 pound DE. He is mistakenly given a WR's number during training camp.

7. Wilson Thomas-WR We have to take a Cornhusker somewhere. It is another Cardinal tradition. At 6'5", the Cardinals declare he is a TE and give him the jersey of former all pro Tywan Mitchell.

I think that I might just commit suicide if our draft was this bad (not really but I would be very depressed!) :thumbup:

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
1. Rein Long, DT, Washington State

2. Jason Gesser, QB, Washington State

3. Mike Bush, WR, Washington State

4. Derrick Roche, OG, Washington State

5. Jermaine Green, RB, Washington State

6. Drew Dunning, K, Washington State

7. Ken Shockley, DT, Washington State (class of '90)

This will only work if the Cardinals change their colors to Crimson and Silver...

OP
OP
Krangodnzr

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cardinals.Ken
1. Rein Long, DT, Washington State

2. Jason Gesser, QB, Washington State

3. Mike Bush, WR, Washington State

4. Derrick Roche, OG, Washington State

5. Jermaine Green, RB, Washington State

6. Drew Dunning, K, Washington State

7. Ken Shockley, DT, Washington State (class of '90)

This will only work if the Cardinals change their colors to Crimson and Silver...

OMG, this draft would be absolutely awful.

But I do think that Ken Shockley could be a steal ;) .