Woody Paige reply to me in email

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thought this was amusing, I complained he had facts wrong in his articles on Jake and was insulting Cards fans for no reason.
Here's his reply:"
Thank you for choosing to read my column. I write my opinion, which i think is still allowed under the United States Constitution. " Woody Paige

Methinks that's just a bit defensive? Am I not exercising MY constitutional right as well when I complain about his lack of information and pointless insults of Cards fans(don't recognize a good QB, don't realize they have a bad owner etc).

Oh well I was surprised to get an answer. I rebutted his answer but got a thanks for reading my column reply to that one.

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He must get a lot of criticism as that's basically the same answer he sent to someone else, so must be automated.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Woody Paige's reply to me
in this country i am allowed to have an OPINION. thank you for choosing read my column. woody paige

My take, he didn't know what the f he was talking about.

Basically what I stated was... How could we not know how bad he is, we have jerry colangelo on the other side of the owner spectrum. I said I was 10 when they moved here, and I heard right around then how bad he was.

EVERYONE in Arizona knows who and what
Bidwill stands for; to protect his own pocketbook, and to throw us a bone once in a while to keep us interested. To spend a certain amount, a certain way, and whatever the team's record is, is what it is.

I stated how stupid a comment on his view that no one is arizona knew what a star qb was.

That would be like saying, the Denver people cannot tell between a good basketball player and a bad basketball player. Does that make much sense? NO. Neither do your comments in this regards. Just look at your Nuggets.

You take a shot on our offensive line. That's fine. But
remember, that the game you mentioned was with 4 of 5 of our starting lineman INJURED. I hope you would do your homework, but that's okay.

I also stated what jakes strengths and weaknesses are.

Your viewpoint on Jake is that of, 'The Grass Is Greener on the Other Side." Well let me tell you something, grass doesn't grow here to well in Arizona. Realistically, and metaphorically about Jake.

However, here is where there is an overestimation of his skills by
Denver, and the Nation. He cannot read defenses. He reads them as well as a first grader would read Shakespeare. He makes way too many mental mistakes. He has been up front about it, every year, and just about every game for 4 plus years. He always said this is something he had to work on.

I tell you what, I don't see that changing. In fact, at the end of last year, the offensive coordinator told Plummer, JUST LOOK AT ONE HALF OF THE FIELD so that you can make better reads. He still did terribly.

I ask you, is that what a good QB does? Is that what a $40 million
Quarterback does?

Plummer cannot throw a spiral consistently. Most of his passes are wobbly. Worse yet, if he tries to throw deep, which for him is anything over 30 to 35 yards, the ball is a wounded duck 50-60% of the time. Which leads to underthrows, and guess what INT's. He does not have good accuracy throwing the ball.

I hope you realize that in many of his incompletion's and interceptions were on plays where AT LEAST 1 Cardinals WR was WIDE OPEN, either deep for a touchdown, or over the middle, or whatnot.

So when you write your opinions about Phoenix fans, remember this, we aren't the ones buying into his potential 'upside'. We are not the ones who signed him to a salary cap albatross of a contract this season. We are not rewarding mediocrity...if that, and seeing with rose colored glasses a superstar QB, on a bad team. You are. So in my opinion, you opinion will come to an about face.

There was more, but this was most of my response. I bet he feels stupid now, and he ought to.
:thumbup:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave