Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Winchester

Release date: February 2, 2018
Studio: Lionsgate, CBS Films
Directors: Michael Spierig, Peter Spierig
MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for violence, disturbing images, drug content, some sexual material and thematic elements)
Screenwriters: Michael Spierig, Peter Spierig, Tom Vaughan
Genre: Thriller, Horror, Mystery

Starring: Helen Mirren, Jason Clarke, Sarah Snook, Angus Sampson, Finn Scicluna-O'Prey

Plot Summary: Inspired by true events. On an isolated stretch of land 50 miles outside of San Francisco sits the most haunted house in the world. Built by Sarah Winchester (Academy Award winner Helen Mirren), heiress to the Winchester fortune, it is a house that knows no end. Constructed in an incessant twenty-four hour a day, seven day a week mania for decades, it stands seven stories tall and contains hundreds of rooms. To the outsider it looks like a monstrous monument to a disturbed woman’s madness. But Sarah is not building for herself, for her niece (Sarah Snook) or for the brilliant Doctor Eric Price (Jason Clarke) whom she has summoned to the house. She is building a prison, an asylum for hundreds of vengeful ghosts, and the most terrifying among them have a score to settle with the Winchesters…

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
my mom and sister went to see this and said it was awesome. Neither are horror fans and somehow they were actually expecting more of a documentary type film, lol.

we grew up outside the bay area so the "Winchester Mystery House" as they call it...has always been a fascination... but I have never been there.

apparently this movie gets a bit more in depth in regards to why she did what she did with the house...apparently it was tied directly to familial guilt in regards to the family fortune.

anyway... its worth a watch from what I hear.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
my mom and sister went to see this and said it was awesome. Neither are horror fans and somehow they were actually expecting more of a documentary type film, lol.

we grew up outside the bay area so the "Winchester Mystery House" as they call it...has always been a fascination... but I have never been there.

apparently this movie gets a bit more in depth in regards to why she did what she did with the house...apparently it was tied directly to familial guilt in regards to the family fortune.

anyway... its worth a watch from what I hear.
I almost saw it this past Monday, but it's getting 11% from Rotten Tomatoes, so I saw the Post instead.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Heck of a story. I listened to a cool podcast about it a few years ago.

The film just didn't deliver though. Acting was good, but there just wasn't much to the script.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard