1.Terrell Suggs DE-Pass Rusher
2.Jimmy Kennedy DT-Run Stuffer and Pocket collapser
3.Dewayne Robertson DT-Run Stuffer with some P/Rush skills
4.Kevin Williams DT-DE-Put him at LDE in place of Wakefield
5.Jerome McDougle DE-pass rusher
6.Chris Kelsay DE-solid LDE
7.Michael Haynes DE-solid DE who`s moving up
8.Screw the Defense-Draft Byron Leftwich QB

If we pick choices 5-6-7 at the #6 pick in the draft then we've been smokin opium on a Saturday morn.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Your choices presume we'll draft for need at only one position

Supposed Newman dropped down or Trufant was part of the equation? Or Leftwich fell into our laps.

Would the Cards choose all of the linemen listed in the poll over Newman, Trufant or Leftwich?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I guess it all depends on who is there....This draft might be the most intriguing since I started to care. As Ed B said, none of us have a clue who we are going to draft. This list of seven players are the players that I think are on our radar:

1. Suggs- obvious. hometown guy who had amazing production, but terrible workouts. I like to believe what I see, and I saw a pass rusher with an arsenal of pass rush moves who plays fast and could be a dominant NFL defender.

2. Leftwich- He will be a great NFL QB. Hard to pass on him if available. I'm beginning to believe this is who we truly want. If we get him, he will smash all Cards records for QB (I know that is a bold statement) and make all the apologists forget about Plummer.

3. Robertson- A little bit of Sapp in him, college observers say that on average, no college lineman was double teamed more, yet he still posted 5 sacks. He could be a pretty good lineman.

4. Jimmy Kennedy- A huge run stuffer, that could be a great NFL player if he ever learns how to work hard consistently. He could be what we are looking for next to Wendell Bryant, and actually might make the most sense.

5. Kevin Williams- Mac likes disruptive lineman, and Williams is just that. Last year we took the most versatile lineman at the top of the draft, and we might do the same this year.

6. Newman- If available (I seriously doubt it though) the Cards would have a hard time passing. I don't think that the Cards list this (CB) as high a need as WR, DE, or even Qb of the future.

7. Trufant- a smooth, do-it-all cover corner that might be better than the hyped Newman. I don't see us taking a corner, but I won't deny that it could happen.

I think the Cards know from this list who they want. I'm beginning to think that we ARE going to draft Leftwich if available.....IMO he is the most sure thing and the most important position on this list.

BuckeyeCardinal

Cantankerous Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Complete List

Originally posted by Krangthebrain
I guess it all depends on who is there....This draft might be the most intriguing since I started to care. As Ed B said, none of us have a clue who we are going to draft. This list of seven players are the players that I think are on our radar:

1. Suggs- obvious. hometown guy who had amazing production, but terrible workouts. I like to believe what I see, and I saw a pass rusher with an arsenal of pass rush moves who plays fast and could be a dominant NFL defender.

2. Leftwich- He will be a great NFL QB. Hard to pass on him if available. I'm beginning to believe this is who we truly want. If we get him, he will smash all Cards records for QB (I know that is a bold statement) and make all the apologists forget about Plummer.

3. Robertson- A little bit of Sapp in him, college observers say that on average, no college lineman was double teamed more, yet he still posted 5 sacks. He could be a pretty good lineman.

4. Jimmy Kennedy- A huge run stuffer, that could be a great NFL player if he ever learns how to work hard consistently. He could be what we are looking for next to Wendell Bryant, and actually might make the most sense.

5. Kevin Williams- Mac likes disruptive lineman, and Williams is just that. Last year we took the most versatile lineman at the top of the draft, and we might do the same this year.

6. Newman- If available (I seriously doubt it though) the Cards would have a hard time passing. I don't think that the Cards list this (CB) as high a need as WR, DE, or even Qb of the future.

7. Trufant- a smooth, do-it-all cover corner that might be better than the hyped Newman. I don't see us taking a corner, but I won't deny that it could happen.

I think the Cards know from this list who they want. I'm beginning to think that we ARE going to draft Leftwich if available.....IMO he is the most sure thing and the most important position on this list.

Nice List Krang....and these are no doubt (I think) the guys we will be choosing from. My order of preference is pretty much the way you have them listed although I might flip-flop Kennedy and Williams.

I would rank Newman higher but Newman seems to be gone earlier than 6 and that's why I want Skorp to ask Mel what the skinny is on Newman.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
What about Andre Johnson i would draft him second to suggs. We need a WR and unless we sign one before the draft i feel that that is our biggest need in the first round. You can draft defense for the rest of the draft but i would like a solid WR going into camp. Waiting til June 1 could be a risk nothing is deffinate yet on who will be cut. I would rather get a WR in the draft than 1 after June 1st but that is just my opinion.

TigToad

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Who to draft...

1. Byron Leftwich
2. Terrell Suggs
3. Jimmy Kennedy

Personally, while it looks unlikely, I'm hoping Andre Johnson falls to 6th. I don't see how you can pass on Leftwhich, as IMO,he's a legitimate future star. Suggs is fantastic and fills a huge need... Kennedy won't likely be there anyway.

Daniel

General Chaos

Gronko = Man Beast
Reaction score
I think Kennedy makes the most sense. He is the run stuffer the cards need. He would be the perfect compliment to Bryant. With the card's fast LB's, a beefy d-line is the best.

Houdini

Registered
Reaction score
Draft the best player available, no matter the position. So many teams fail because they draft for need instead of the best available talent. I like the following quote from a head coach that I just read elsewhere.

""You have these needs that you want to meet but you just can't reach on a player just because you have that need," "Eventually, you have a need at every position. You can't bypass talent."

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by azcardsfan1616
What about Andre Johnson i would draft him second to suggs. We need a WR and unless we sign one before the draft i feel that that is our biggest need in the first round. You can draft defense for the rest of the draft but i would like a solid WR going into camp. Waiting til June 1 could be a risk nothing is deffinate yet on who will be cut. I would rather get a WR in the draft than 1 after June 1st but that is just my opinion.

The problem is: Andre Johnson is not even close to the second best rookie receiver for next season. There might even be 3-4 receivers that are more productive next year.

Johnson needs so much work that he might never get it. He is a great athlete, but not a very good receiver right now. We could easily get a receiver in round 2 or even round 3 that would immediately be more productive than Johnson.

IMO, he shouldn't even be on our radar screen, since most of the players at the top of draft fill a need and will be equal in talent, but also more productive next year.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Re: Complete List

Originally posted by BuckeyeCardinal
Nice List Krang....and these are no doubt (I think) the guys we will be choosing from. My order of preference is pretty much the way you have them listed although I might flip-flop Kennedy and Williams.

I would rank Newman higher but Newman seems to be gone earlier than 6 and that's why I want Skorp to ask Mel what the skinny is on Newman.

Oh, Kevin Williams very well could be better than Kennedy....

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard