What if the Texans asked for Marcel Shipp instead of Thomas Jones.

Lomax to Green 84

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Would the Cards consider the trade? We are living in lala land if we think the Texans would take Thomas Jones, but they may very well like to have a big, power back like Marcel Shipp. What if Charlie Casserly (GM Texans) came to Rod Graves (say today at owners meeting) and said that they would move to the 6th slot if we parted with our #1 (6th overall) and Marcel Shipp.

Maybe there is something more to the Emmitt Smith rumors than just a desire to sell tickets. What if Emmitt is being brought in to be the starter because the Cards have already been offered this deal and are considering it?

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Tasty angle! As much as I am a fan of "The Tugboat", I would be waving bye-bye if the Texans made such an offer. So long as either Emmitt had signed, or the Cardinals were going to address RB in the draft.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The Texans already have a power RB in the guy that they drafted in the second round last year. Why would they trade for another one who could be a one-year "wonder," if they think that they have a better guy who just needs a decent O-line?

Jim O

Reaction score
Originally posted by Holian
Would the Cards consider the trade? We are living in lala land if we think the Texans would take Thomas Jones, but they may very well like to have a big, power back like Marcel Shipp. What if Charlie Casserly (GM Texans) came to Rod Graves (say today at owners meeting) and said that they would move to the 6th slot if we parted with our #1 (6th overall) and Marcel Shipp.

Maybe there is something more to the Emmitt Smith rumors than just a desire to sell tickets. What if Emmitt is being brought in to be the starter because the Cards have already been offered this deal and are considering it?

No thanks! The Tugboat should stay in my opinion.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by kerouac9
The Texans already have a power RB in the guy that they drafted in the second round last year. Why would they trade for another one who could be a one-year "wonder," if they think that they have a better guy who just needs a decent O-line?

Wells was more like a fourth rounder (maybe third).

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
NNNOOOO!!!!

Hell NO!!! The reason the Texans would trade their #1 pick with the Cardinals for Shipp is because Shipp is a very good player (oh yeah, he has no speed, blah,blah,blah) and I believe that four year (?) contract the Cards gave Shipp was for a reason. Emmitt would only help Shipp develope and I welcome Smith.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson