What Happens?

BuckeyeCardinal

Cantankerous Curmudgeon
Reaction score
What happens if we sign no one in free agency?

How many think we will sign zero players during the free agency period this year?

Houdini

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by BuckeyeCardinal
What happens if we sign no one in free agency?

How many think we will sign zero players during the free agency period this year?

If that happens, you will hear the front office say they have complete confidence in Josh McCown.

pinetopred

Registered
Reaction score
I think I saw in another thread that the Cards have to spend a certain amout of money to avoid a penalty, they will spend the money we just may not like who they spend it on.

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
Yeah, they could give Johnny Rutledge a 10yr. 34 million dollar extension.

:) :) :)

CardAvenger

Screaming At A Wall
Reaction score
Re: To hell with that

Originally posted by Jetstream Green
GIVE ME THE MONEY!!!

That doesn't sound half bad. By the sound of some of the fans here, they might just HAVE to start paying us.:p

football24/7

Registered
Reaction score
I just hope if Colvin signs elsewhere, the domino effect will not start in the wrong direction. We have proposed to Colvin the best offer by far, but the reputation of this franchise is the glaring question mark to these guys. I hope I am wrong, but something tells me Im on the right track. Give me less money, but I'll sign with a better organization with better talent and less question marks. This off season could be a coup of talent, or well sign the bottom of the barrel leftovers. What a waste of 34 million!!

artp

Registered
Reaction score
What about this franchise is worse this year? We signed OL P Kendall, OL M Gruttadauria, DB D Starks, and TE F Jones over the last couple of years. Each, at the time, were considered good signings. If we can't sign anybody this year, it would mean we have fallen as a franchise. I don't believe that.

football24/7

Registered
Reaction score
If we do not sign 2-3 top tier Fa's with the money we have to throw around, this team will be worse than last year. We maybe worse the next two years, because we have huge question marks at key positions. ( Qb, Wr, De, etc....) Re-signing your own players is part of bulding a good team, and we have trouble re-signing our top guys. We are great at keeping our 2nd tier players, but you will always be a 2nd tier team with that plan. Commit to being aggresive with star players, bring them in and sign them, because they are the differance makers beween us and the contenders.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Originally posted by artp
What about this franchise is worse this year? We signed OL P Kendall, OL M Gruttadauria, DB D Starks, and TE F Jones over the last couple of years. Each, at the time, were considered good signings. If we can't sign anybody this year, it would mean we have fallen as a franchise. I don't believe that.

This franchise can't fall as it is already on the bottom. The complaint is that they are just treading water. Taking two steps forward then 3 back, running in place, driving a car with only the two left wheels. You've heard it before "Sign Starks but lose Williams and Knight so end up with one CB instead of two". Good signing but didn't improve the team as it would have had they signed him and kept AW.

artp

Registered
Reaction score
The initial post was "what if we don't sign anybody?" I think we have been doing more than treading in the FA season since Coach Mac has been the HC. It remains to be seen if we'll just do the minimum this year, but if we can't sign anyone, this franchise has sunk to a new low.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison