What about Drew Henson for the Cards?

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
Per ESPN Insider:

Drew Henson
Yankees

NFL?

Mar. 21 - Rumors are swirling once again that the Yankees' perennial prospect might give up baseball and make a run at playing quarterback in the NFL. The Michigan product was sent to the minors briefly last week and is still a ways away from a big-league job. That's one of the reasons a couple of NFL teams are considering using a mid- to late-round draft pick on him this April in order to secure his NFL rights for the next year.

Getting him for a 3rd or a 4th round pick may not be a bad move for the Cards especially if they use the first part of the draft to shore up the D and the C spot.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Originally posted by SECTION 11
Ever wonder if Charlie Ward regrets not giving the NFL a shot?

I was just thinking that. I guess you would rather have Guaranteed money in the NBA.

OP
OP
Stronso

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
I don't think anyone owns his rights at this time.......

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's rumors teams might use a first rounder on Henson if he says for sure he'll quit baseball. Someone is going to draft him this year I wouldn't be at all surprised if it's day 1 of the draft.

The main question on him is lack of experience and will he sign, if he answers the 2nd question teams are going to want him. He's very similar to Palmer or Boller in terms of talent. More accurate than Boller. He's just got a special arm he's got a strong arm and he throws a very catchable ball.

I'd love to get him as a Cardinal I think he'll ultimately be a better QB than Palmer, Leftwich or any other QB in this draft.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
A team did draft Charlie Ward I believe, but you lose the rights to a drafted player after 1 year.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ryanwb
A team did draft Charlie Ward I believe, but you lose the rights to a drafted player after 1 year.

Is that only if he doesn't sign a contract? Because STL still "owns" Eric Crouch, even if he "retired" and gave back his signing bonus and everything.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pay attention, people! We have our QB of the future, and, like it or not, his name is Josh McCown. They said it when we drafted him as the 3rd QB off the board last year, and they said it the day that we signed Blake.

I give you my Kerouac 9's LOCK OF THE DRAFT: We will not draft a QB in the first four rounds. You can take that to the bank. Maybe next year, if McCown looks like the next Gio Carmazzi, but not this year.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by jkf296
Pay attention, people! We have our QB of the future, and, like it or not, his name is Josh McCown. They said it when we drafted him as the 3rd QB off the board last year, and they said it the day that we signed Blake.

I give you my Kerouac 9's LOCK OF THE DRAFT: We will not draft a QB in the first four rounds. You can take that to the bank. Maybe next year, if McCown looks like the next Gio Carmazzi, but not this year.

LOL!

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Originally posted by jkf296

Now, now, I've said from the beginning why I post this up here. I was saying that you have to draft Drew Hanson to acquire his rights, that he is not an Unrestricted (or Undrafted) free agent, as Wizard seems to have indicated.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson