Upper/Lower Log campgrounds - White River

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
https://www.google.com/maps/place/U...76a138357ba92!8m2!3d34.0424008!4d-109.8306418

I meant to post this last fall, I went back up there last week and I wanted to share this place with you guys.

It's really the whole area. Upper Log Campground, Lower Log and Hawley Lake.

It's all on the Apache res so you need camping/fishing permits, but IMO it's well worth it. It's more primitive camping, you can camp right on the stream or the lake and you usually have tons of privacy as nobody really goes up there much.

The fishing is decent in the "river" it's more of a stream but there are Trout and smallmouth bass. It's phenomenal at Hawley lake. Just be prepared with everything you need. There is a store at Hawley lake that never seems to be open and outside of that you have to go to whiteriver or Pinetop for supplies.

Here are a few pics from up there.

You must be registered for see images attach

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow, going through some google photos of the lake, looks awesome! never heard of it but I have never really been east of heber overgaard, most of my time up there is on the rim itself. I will have to get to this lake someday. Sent it to the main buddy I camp with. thanks.

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Wife and I went to the Black River last year. It was the first time I had ever been up there. It was really nice, especially since I didn't really have a clue where to go. Different vegitation than what I was used to. There was still a lot of damage from the Rodeo–Chediski Fire.