Turkoglu to Portland per ESPN

OP
OP
Darth Llama

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
On another note, Orlando was stupid to let Hedo go in favor of Vince Carter. Brandon Roy is going to love having another guy that can score when the team needs a basket.

I have to admit, while I'm not a Blazers fan, I admire the way they are building their team. They are being smart and bringing in a good mix of talented youth and experience.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Toronto!

This is what will happen next summer. Some of these teams are going to land free agents and some of them are going to look pretty stupid.

HooverDam

Reaction score
I think Portland signing Hedo would've been a dumb move anyway. They have a nice young core, why not continue to develop it, or maybe trade some of the excess depth for needed pieces. Signing Hedo to a big deal isn't going to put them over the top or make them better than LA next year, if I were them Id try to keep it together and wait for the window to open after the Lakers window closes.

OP
OP
Darth Llama

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Well, in the end, Toronto has just a little bit more money to offer and highest bidder apparently wins. Surprising that a guy like Hedo who has been around as long as he has would take the deal with Toronto over the Blazers. I figured after all these years that he was ready to sign with someone ready to win and win NOW, apparently though it's purely about the money. Well, he'll get to play with Bosh for 1 year, they might make a #8 seed this year. After that, he can look forward to playing with a lottery pick player for a couple years.

In the end, I'm glad he decided to make a crappy eastern team slightly better as opposed to greatly improving an already strong rival for my team in the west.

The Commish

youknowhatimsayin?
Reaction score
Well, in the end, Toronto has just a little bit more money to offer and highest bidder apparently wins. Surprising that a guy like Hedo who has been around as long as he has would take the deal with Toronto over the Blazers. I figured after all these years that he was ready to sign with someone ready to win and win NOW, apparently though it's purely about the money. Well, he'll get to play with Bosh for 1 year, they might make a #8 seed this year. After that, he can look forward to playing with a lottery pick player for a couple years.

In the end, I'm glad he decided to make a crappy eastern team slightly better as opposed to greatly improving an already strong rival for my team in the west.

I think it was more than just money. Toronto has a large Turkish population and that apparently was a big deal to Hedo.

OP
OP
Darth Llama

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
I think it was more than just money. Toronto has a large Turkish population and that apparently was a big deal to Hedo.

Toronto has a huge Turkish population? Wow, I didn't know that. I guess that makes more sense, it was just confusing to see him opt for a team with no chance of winning anything.

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score

Actually, I read the assortment of various ethnic cultures in Toronto was a big deal to his wife. Portland actually knew it was in trouble when his wife didn't make the trip there to check the city out. I don't think she wanted to live somewhere it rains 80% of the time either. Don't underestimate the power of an athletes better half.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Who cares about winning? I'd rather make money than win a championship.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Actually, I read the assortment of various ethnic cultures in Toronto was a big deal to his wife. Portland actually knew it was in trouble when his wife didn't make the trip there to check the city out. I don't think she wanted to live somewhere it rains 80% of the time either. Don't underestimate the power of an athletes better half.

No kidding, the main reason the Cards are in Arizona is that Bidwill's wife didn't want to grow old in Baltimore.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson