Turkey sandwiches.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ryan wanted a thread with this title and I figured I might as well start one since I'm having a hot open faced turkey sandwich for dinner.

Feel free to talk amongst yourselves.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was just pondering how good such a sandwich would be. I thought it was kind of funny how the first things I considered were that the bread had to be properly toasted and the gravy had to be really good. The turkey was just an afterthought.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
There is this sandwich place called Capriotti's in Ahwatukee and they serve this turkey sandwich that has cranberry sauce, stuffing, lettuce and mayo :thud:

It's to die for.... (but it's like an 8 dollar sammich)

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I make turkey sandwich, I use mayo. When I make a ham or roast beef sandwich, I use mustard (yellow mustard; none of that fancy crap).

Also, I salt my turkey sandwiches (as do I my roast beef sandwiches).

CQ

Recovered WoW-aholic
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With all this sandwich talk today, I had to go to the store! Just came home with the fixins! :D

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
Go to sausage deli in tucson and get the "susie sorority" Its turkey with havarti cheese. Good stuff. Not as good as the omar though, that has (I think, iirc) turkey, ham, chopped pepperoncini, onion, swiss cheese and I think some kind of dressing. Really good in a sub roll.

I think I am just missing the "old pueblo" today. :(

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i had a ham and cheese sandwhich today for lunch.

it sure beats the 59 cent burrito's that we sell. yeesh!

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
thirty-two said:
it sure beats the 59 cent burrito's that we sell. yeesh!

When did you start working at Taco Bell? Have you been certified on the sour cream gun yet?

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
When did you start working at Taco Bell? Have you been certified on the sour cream gun yet?

lol

:|

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
Seriously... I always thought it was kind of weird that they would shoot sour cream out of a caulking gun. Smart though whomever it was that thought it up.

Kate, you ever go into a home depot and ask someone in an orange vest where their caulk is?

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
bratwurst said:
Seriously... I always thought it was kind of weird that they would shoot sour cream out of a caulking gun. Smart though whomever it was that thought it up.

Kate, you ever go into a home depot and ask someone in an orange vest where their caulk is?

No but I have asked a farmer that that! :D

(oh, PS - to anyone who cares, i dont work at taco bell - I JUST HAD TO CLEAR THAT UP lol)

marathon_mom

Bring it on!!!
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
There is this sandwich place called Capriotti's in Ahwatukee and they serve this turkey sandwich that has cranberry sauce, stuffing, lettuce and mayo :thud:

Wow! You read my mind. Been looking for something to eat for din-din cuz the fam's away tonight. Wonder if I have time to drive to Ahwahtukee from New River. :shrug:

I think NOT!

That is my fave turkey sammich...leftovers after thanksgiving. Yum.

marathon_mom

Bring it on!!!
Reaction score
bratwurst said:

ROFLMAO!

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I made a grilled ham and cheese last night. Good stuff. The only problem was the wheat bread. I don't know why my wife insists on only buying wheat bread, especially since she knows I hate it. :mad:

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KingofCards said:
I made a grilled ham and cheese last night. Good stuff. The only problem was the wheat bread. I don't know why my wife insists on only buying wheat bread, especially since she knows I hate it. :mad:

It's to get even with you for something you might contemplate doing in the future. Women will always get even, even when there's nothing to get even for. Just part of their psyche. :D

CQ

Recovered WoW-aholic
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KingofCards said:

Ah, she's just trying to feed you healthy stuff. :)
Side note, my husband grew up on a wheat farm, so he prefers wheat bread about 95% of the time. Our kids are so used to eating wheat bread that when they were served a pb sandwich on white bread at a friends house, they were totally grossed out and wouldn't eat it. LOL!

Hordispack

Veteran
Reaction score
Paradise Bakery in Chandler (Queen Creek and Alma School) has a great turkey sandwich

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dilly Deli in Tempe has the best turkey sandwich!

NSD_Blonde

Who's Your Daddy, Now?
Reaction score
Hordispack said:
Paradise Bakery in Chandler (Queen Creek and Alma School) has a great turkey sandwich

Umm...Paradise Bakery has the best Chicken Salad Sandwich, and awesome cookies! I know :offtopic: ...sorry!

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:

Where is this Capriotti's you speak of?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard