Tiger Woods will be just fine after back surgery, say Rory McIlroy and Justin Thomas

ASFN Admin

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

As the world of golf once again descended into the despair of fearing the end of Tiger Woods’ career, so two of his closest allies played down the significance of his fifth back operation. “I’m certainly not worried about Tiger,” Justin Thomas, the world No 3 said. “I will never be worried about his ability to play golf until he literally can’t walk any more.” Woods can most definitely still walk, despite the hysteria that greeted his revelation late on Tuesday night that he will miss his first two scheduled tournaments of the year - next week’s Farmers Insurance Open at Torrey Pines and next month’s Genesis Open in LA - after a "procedure to remove a pressurised disc fragment that was pinching his nerve”. Considering the 45-year-old’s history on the operating table - he underwent a spinal fusion in April 2017 that kept him out for eight months - it was inevitable that people would write him off, with Brandel Chamblee, the Golf Channel analysis, quick to pen the obit, saying: “My guess is a full unrestricted swing would have made him even longer and he would have played uninjured his entire career and likely would have won 100 regular tour events and 25 majors.” However, with Rory McIlroy revealing here on the eve of the Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship “that Tiger actually had this done on the 23rd of December and was back on his feet the very next day” and with Nota Begay, Woods’ long-time friend, explaining that he was hitting balls on Tuesday, “getting a feel for the game after the surgery and seeing how everything is”, the panic subsided considerably.

Continue reading...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson