Those who are worried what will happen to Shipp

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Don't worry...Remember this is the Cardinals we are talking about here. Emmitt Smith will promptly tear his ACL in Flagstaff before he even gets a chance to play one game for the Cardinals. He really hasn't ever had a serious injury, but here it finally comes...I guarentee it. Ahhhhh...the Cardinal curse strikes again!

Marcel Shipp will be the starting running back for our beloved Arizona Cardinals!

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For you fans worried about Shipp getting his carries----Last year, Emmitt played and started all 16 games. He had 245 carries. That equates to about 15 carries per game. With the offense shaping up like it is and no true #1 WR, I think this team will do a lot of running in the coming season. It would be nothing for a team who primarily runs the ball to get 35 to 40 carries a game. With Emmitt and Shipp spliting running duties, it would amount to 15 to 20 carries a game for each guy. Neither guy would get beat up and if one was injured, the remaining one could up their carries and we have Anderson as a very competent back-up. We could be looking at having 2 RB's with 1000 yard seasons. I wonder how long it's been since one team has had 2 backs with over 1000 yards?

General Chaos

Gronko = Man Beast
Reaction score
I know it sucks for Shipp but you can never have too much depth in this league. Emmitt is a great asset for this team both on and off the field. Siging Emmitt will be a sign for the rest of the league that this team isn't afraid to go out and get good players. Good moive cardinals.

artp

Registered
Reaction score
Don't play Emmitt in the Metrodome during pre-season.
As a matter of fact, don't play anybody.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by artp
Don't play Emmitt in the Metrodome during pre-season.
As a matter of fact, don't play anybody.
<p>artp-----you are a man of great wisdom and foresight. I think we should sabotage the Cards plane right before it leaves for Minnesota. We could make sure the brakes are set and won't release. Then we could weld all the doors shut. It may be a little uncomfortable for the team setting in the plane for a day or two, but Coach Mac would probably thank us after he got over his catastrophic fit.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard