This is very hard for me to do.....

EndZone

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
A lot of people are bashing Chris Simms.

Now I am a die hard Husker fan and have absolutely HATED Cristina Simms for the past couple years. But taking a step back doing a little reading I am now kinda un-decided. The Texas offensive scheme has gotten a lot of pounding for being very simple and easy for defensive coordinators to gameplan. From what I have read Chris really hated it. He does have the size and arm strength and seems to have the smarts. He may turn out to be a very good player.

Hey I just wanted a good trout slapping.

Ed B

The Matt Joyce of Posting
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Let's just say there are a few QBs I'd rather see us take instead of him. But I'll try not to be too negative if he's the guy.

I just think that if his name was Chris Jones and not Chris Simms he'd be considered a totally marginal prospect. In fact, he probably wouldn't even have been given the repeated chance to start over Major Applewhite.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Originally posted by EndZone
A lot of people are bashing Chris Simms.

Now I am a die hard Husker fan and have absolutely HATED Cristina Simms for the past couple years. But taking a step back doing a little reading I am now kinda un-decided. The Texas offensive scheme has gotten a lot of pounding for being very simple and easy for defensive coordinators to gameplan. From what I have read Chris really hated it. He does have the size and arm strength and seems to have the smarts. He may turn out to be a very good player.

Hey I just wanted a good trout slapping.

I certainly have no problem with Chris Simms and think he will make it in the NFL. Hard to figure where he will be drafted. I think round 2.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I certainly have no problem with Chris Simms and think he will make it in the NFL. Hard to figure where he will be drafted. I think round 2.
According to one NYC writer (maybe Gary Myers) - "Simms isn't expected to last past the Bears at #35."

We pick at #37.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Simms

U.T. ex, happy Simms is now an ex and not on the playing field. NO POCKET SENSE what so ever and the only difference between him and Jake is that his passes get to double coverage quicker and thrown better so they are easier for the DBs to pick them off. He can't win the big game and he couldn't excell even with Roy Williams, B.J. Johnson, Sloan and Cedric Benson... this guy is a coach killer. He also still thinks he is the $hit, p.s. Chris, your Daddy's glory is not your own.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Re: Simms

Originally posted by Jetstream Green
U.T. ex, happy Simms is now an ex and not on the playing field. NO POCKET SENSE what so ever and the only difference between him and Jake is that his passes get to double coverage quicker and thrown better so they are easier for the DBs to pick them off. He can't win the big game and he couldn't excell even with Roy Williams, B.J. Johnson, Sloan and Cedric Benson... this guy is a coach killer. He also still thinks he is the $hit, p.s. Chris, your Daddy's glory is not your own.

Dont know about all that, but I agree with the premise. He cant win the big game, I d rather take a flyer on Dorsey in round 5-6 than grab Simms that early.

Last edited: