Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Paperboy

Release Date: October 5, 2012 (limited)
Studio: Millennium Entertainment
Director: Lee Daniels
Screenwriter: Lee Daniels
Genre: Crime, Thriller
MPAA Rating: R (for strong sexual content, violence and language)

Starring: Zac Efron, Matthew McConaughey, David Oyelowo, Macy Gray, John Cusack, Nicole Kidman

Plot Summary: From Oscar-nominated director Lee Daniels ("Precious") comes a provocative, sexually-charged tale of desire, ambition, prejudice and crime set in the 1960s swamplands of South Florida. Starring Matthew McConaughey, Zac Efron, David Oyelowo, Macy Gray, John Cusack and Academy Award winner Nicole Kidman, "The Paperboy" dips into the gritty human underside of a murder investigation, as a compelling cast of characters confront obsession, deception and their own dark, dark demons on the muddy road towards retribution.

It all begins in the steamy rural backwater of Moat County, Florida, where things have been done the same way for decades, yet change is bubbling beneath the surface. Boyish Jack Jansen (Efron), son of the local newspaper publisher, has just returned home after being kicked out of college, only to take the lowly job of paperboy. But that too changes when his idolized journalist brother Ward (McConaughey) comes to town from Miami on the trail of a story that could make his career.

Bringing in tow his hotshot writing partner Yardley (Oyelowo) and the alluring death-row groupie Charlotte Bless (Kidman), Ward plans to prove that an innocent man has been railroaded on his way to the electric chair. With Jack as their driver, the quartet arranges to meet Hillary Van Wetter (Cusack), the seedy alligator hunter hastily convicted of killing the local sheriff, at the prison. But what erupts between them all is a tangled web of sexual tension, mixed motives and shadowy facts that will set off not only a search for the truth but a chain reaction of passion and violence. Observing it all is Jack’s only real confidante -- the disregarded family maid Anita (Gray) – who watches in dismay as his innocence is turned inside out.

You must be registered for see images attach

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heard NK shows her woof cookie a couple times in this.

Gonna wait for the 3D Blu-Ray I think.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
...and John Cusack is the villain, and pretty despicable, if what I hear is true.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I would have much rather played the arcade game than sit through this movie. What a miserable film.

I was the worst paperboy ever in both real life and at the arcade.

I loved being a paperboy. I raked in the tips. Made a ton of money for an 8th grader. Too bad that job doesn't exist for kids anymore.

...and John Cusack is the villain, and pretty despicable, if what I hear is true.

Cusack was fantastic with what he had to work with.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison