The Market 2022-2023-2024

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
May 2017 @ $11.03. Almost cut bait a few times.

Oh you been holding for a minute. It dropped down to like 4 bucks in 2020.

I think they’ll be the biggest player in the electric movement out of the big auto makers

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Oh you been holding for a minute. It dropped down to like 4 bucks in 2020.

I think they’ll be the biggest player in the electric movement out of the big auto makers

yeah. Kicking myself for not averaging down, but just happy I did not sell prematurely.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm ready for it. I really want crypto to get destroyed. It's time.
I called for 30k level awhile back and it looks like we are forming a pattern for a move back to that supply zone.. we'll see.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I called for 30k level awhile back and it looks like we are forming a pattern for a move back to that supply zone.. we'll see.
Are you predicting 30k for the Dow or BTC? Or both?

I've been getting nervous for a big pull back too and been thinking of taking profits, at least from my non-retirement play account. I've held off though since Insider Nancy has been buying options like crazy.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Are you predicting 30k for the Dow or BTC? Or both?

I've been getting nervous for a big pull back too and been thinking of taking profits, at least from my non-retirement play account. I've held off though since Insider Nancy has been buying options like crazy.
Oh. BTC 30k. Good support in that area with alot of traded volume. There will more than likely be a decent bounce if shares are accumulated there... IMO

The Dow I think has a date with the 200 day MA or range. 34k would be a nice round number and a level we traded at back in November.

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Is the bottom in or is the recent rally off of a false bottom? I know the high multiple Kathie Wood stocks have crashed from their highs, but much of the market remains unscathed with the big names that lead the S&P experiencing only very minor pullbacks.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is the bottom in or is the recent rally off of a false bottom? I know the high multiple Kathie Wood stocks have crashed from their highs, but much of the market remains unscathed with the big names that lead the S&P experiencing only very minor pullbacks.
Nasdaq breadth is still very much under pressure...as the technology sector goes, goes the market. I'm in the opinion this is just a dead cat. We have more to capitulate before meeting a decent bottom.

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Nasdaq breadth is still very much under pressure...as the technology sector goes, goes the market. I'm in the opinion this is just a dead cat. We have more to capitulate before meeting a decent bottom.

Maybe some short covers today too.

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Yep. And persistent retail dip buyers. FOMO is at fever pitch right now.
Or we're both wrong and the bull market returns which is probably more likely.

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Yep. And persistent retail dip buyers. FOMO is at fever pitch right now.

I don't blame the dip buyers. They have been conditioned to do this and have been rewarded for years. Personally, I like to see at least a 10% pullback before will put additional cash to work. Buying on single digit pull-backs has been working for the broader market.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't blame the dip buyers. They have been conditioned to do this and have been rewarded for years. Personally, I like to see at least a 10% pullback before will put additional cash to work. Buying on single digit pull-backs has been working for the broader market.
Oh..I don't either. Just saying what I think is going on. Buying the dip works, until it doesn't.. we could be approaching that very quickly. IMO Or, as you indicated, we get another blow off top in this vertical bull market.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Honestly I look at this as kind of not a big deal. 9 of her 11 were profitable but look at the companies there all safe blue chips. I mean Apple, Amazon, Google, Tesla, Microsoft, NVIDIA,Micron. Those are all kind of like well duh type stocks

Everyone knew Roblox was going to be up from jump. I am shocked she took and L on Disney another blue chip

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I need to follow Blake Moore from Utah

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Honestly I look at this as kind of not a big deal. 9 of her 11 were profitable but look at the companies there all safe blue chips. I mean Apple, Amazon, Google, Tesla, Microsoft, NVIDIA,Micron. Those are all kind of like well duh type stocks

Everyone knew Roblox was going to be up from jump. I am shocked she took and L on Disney another blue chip
Agreed. It's hardly what our upstanding fed reserve chairman's have done this past couple years. But nonetheless, something that I think could use a little more attention. Which I think will inevitably happen more often in our political system moving forward.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
To single her is missing what’s really going on. THEY ALL DO IT.
I single her out just because she's the head of the snake and should be able to put an end to it if she wanted to. Her defending Congress people on it about a month ago didn't help either. But I agree, they're all rotten to the core when it comes to this subject.

Truthfully, this grouping isn't a big deal assuming there isn't a piece of legislation or something that she's working on that will effect them. It's more that it's a spotlight on what's been going on. All of the congress critters trading pharma and some other stocks right before congress was acting on things is the bigger problem. Congress people shouldn't be trading on info from security briefings before the info is public.

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

For those that don't understand how monetary policy works; here is an overly simplistic explanation.

The Fed has been buying billions of dollars in corporate bonds, treasuries, and mortgage backed securities every month since the start of the pandemic creating massive artificial demand for those assets and suppressed interest rates which has pumped trillions of dollars into the markets and economy that otherwise would not have been there. Most agree that it was necessary initially, but there is debate over how much and how long was appropriate. This is called quantitative easing.

The Fed is now tapering/reducing those purchases which means they are buying less assets every month with the intent to stop purchases all together by March or the end of Q1.

Now they plan to sell a good portion of the bonds that they have purchased that are sitting on their balance sheet. When the Fed sells assets they get cash in return which removes it from the markets and economy. This is called quantitative tightening.

No more fed pumping money every month, higher interest rates, and the removal of money from the economy is a huge change and cause for depressed market/economic outlook.

So basically, everyone is hoping the Fed can thread the needle and stave off significant inflation without causing a massive recession and stock market crash all while minding unemployment numbers and continuing to finance massive US budget deficits.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golfermcr