The Latest Update on Marcus Robinson

az643dp

"The Tugboat"
Reaction score
Here is a list of Marcus Robinson news per kffl.com. It looks as if the Cardinals are first in line for a visit. It also looks like he only has scheduled a total of three visits so far. The Cards, 49'ers, and the Raiders.

Let's hope that Emmitt and Jeff Blake talk to him while he is here on Monday and Tuesday!

Cardinals | Robinson to Visit - from KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
April 17, 2003 16:27:18 PT Cardinals Insider Mike Jurecki, of KDUS Sports Radio in Phoenix, reports the Arizona Cardinals will have free agent WR Marcus Robinson (Bears) in for a workout on Monday and he’ll undergo a physical for the team on Tuesday. The Cardinals are at the top of Robinson’s list of teams to join since his release from Arizona and he’d like to have a new team before the NFL Draft later this month.

Redskins | Robinson an Option? - from KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
April 17, 2003 22:20:57 PT Mark Maske, of the Washington Post, reports the Washington Redskins are undecided about making a push to acquire unrestricted free agent WR Marcus Robinson (Bears). Ken Sarnoff, Robinson’s agent, said he plans on contacting the Redskins about his client.

Jaguars | Not Interested in Robinson - from KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
April 18, 2003 7:37:29 PT The Florida Times-Union reports the Jacksonville Jaguars were contacted by the agent for WR Marcus Robinson (Bears), but told him they were not interested.

Patriots | Robinson a Target? - from KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
April 19, 2003 7:33:26 PT The Boston Herald reports the New England Patriots have talked with free agent WR Marcus Robinson (Bears). However, it appears the Patriots will wait until after the NFL Draft before moving forward on a veteran wide receiver. The team told his agent to wait until after the NFL Draft is complete.

Ravens | Robinson may Visit After Draft - from KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
April 19, 2003 7:58:37 PT The Baltimore Sun reports the Baltimore Ravens may have free agent WR Marcus Robinson (Bears) in for a visit after the NFL Draft. Robinson’s agent, Ken Sarnoff, noted that Robinson would be interested in the Ravens.

Raiders | Looking at Robinson - from KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
April 20, 2003 11:11:54 PT Matt Maiocco, of the Santa Rosa Press Democrat, reports the Oakland Raiders are scheduled to meet with free agent WR Marcus Robinson (Bears) next week.

49ers | Looking at Robinson - from KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
April 20, 2003 11:12:05 PT Matt Maiocco, of the Santa Rosa Press Democrat, reports the San Francisco 49ers are scheduled to meet with free agent WR Marcus Robinson (Bears) next week.

pinnacle

Reaction score
the raiders have no $$$ to offer and he would be at best the 4th receiver (at least next season)...the raiders would try to convince him to look a season or two down the road (post rice and brown)...but robinson sat on the bench in chicago last season and I doubt he is in the mood to keep doing it..

49ers also have little $$$ - I would think he would be their 3rd receiver at best (owens and streets)...They wanted like a 2nd or 3rd round pick for tai streets..so I assume they have him ahead of robinson...

sign him before draft day (cardinals)...so we overpay him a million a season...we are $17 under the cap and have few players left to spend it on...

OP
OP
az643dp

az643dp

"The Tugboat"
Reaction score
Originally posted by pinnacle
the raiders have no $$$ to offer and he would be at best the 4th receiver (at least next season)...the raiders would try to convince him to look a season or two down the road (post rice and brown)...but robinson sat on the bench in chicago last season and I doubt he is in the mood to keep doing it..

49ers also have little $$$ - I would think he would be their 3rd receiver at best (owens and streets)...They wanted like a 2nd or 3rd round pick for tai streets..so I assume they have him ahead of robinson...

sign him before draft day (cardinals)...so we overpay him a million a season...we are $17 under the cap and have few players left to spend it on...

I hope that you are right. It always seems that good teams find ways to sign guys even though their cap space is limited. Hopefully the prospect of being "the Man" here in Arizona is enough to persuade M-Rob to sign here. It can't hurt that we are having some great weather right now!

:thumbup:

pinnacle

Reaction score
It is a miracle the raiders are under the cap again..and they have 2 first round picks to sign (although the last 2 picks in the round).

seesred

Reaction score
I hope it's a great visit and that he does not get out of town without a signed deal. That and only that is totally exceptable.
We have the bucks and if he has the goods get the deal done!

GBR

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think I figured out the Cardinals place in the NFL hiearchy. Free agents go to Arizona and the other teams wait to see what our doctors say because obviously the Cardinals doctors are some of the most efficient doctors around. Do we send our FA to the Mayo Clinic?

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, you know he is heathly?

Must do otherwise how can you know that is the only acceptable result?

X-29Fan

Veteran
Reaction score
IF this guy is healthy, the Cards would be nuts to let him leave without a contract.

There seems to be significant interest in him, due to the lack of WR's out there, and what he has done when healthy.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My hope is that, by scheduling the Cards before the draft and 4 or 5 teams after the draft, Robinson and his agent are simply covering their flanks and creating additional demand for Robinson in order to give the Cards an incentive to give it their very best shot Mon. or Tues.

The Cards have a lot of available cap cash and Graves should be advised not to play things too cute. If the dude's healthy, he should not be permitted to leave the Valley without a signed contract.

Another benefit for the Cards to get this deal done early is that it would remove one key priority from their drafting strategy so that they could concentrate more on defense in the early rounds. (i.e. they'd need one or two less draft picks to spend on WR's - they could either use for other position-priorities or for wriggle room to trade up to secure a prospect they really want.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard