The 2024 NBA playoffs thread

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Rudy totally misses both of these, right?

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Anthony also shot the ball quickly with confidence before the defense could recover. Good play by him.
ant sat at half court for a half hour - gobert literally ran all the way out there to set the screen 10 feet behind the 3 point line - the announcers were pleading for ant to get the play going - DALLAS HAD ALL DAY TO DOUBLE ANT

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Minnesota scored really fast there. I would have tried to blow more clock.

clyde2tw

All Star
Reaction score
Wolves players are talented but just not smart or experienced enough. And Kidd is definitely the better coach. Finch finally played KyleA more with very good result.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
it’s ok. I know you go back and forth on their chances based on each game.
no sir - i still have dallas winning the series

but i also think the shorter the series - the better their chances are in boston - it's okay man dallas just crapped the bed tonight - kidd included

Lorenzo

Reaction score

but i also think the shorter the series - the better their chances are in boston - it's okay man dallas just crapped the bed tonight - kidd included
Idk if Dallas can beat Boston either way. i truly don’t think they can. Dallas could use the rest, but they are in a great position being up 3-1 on a good team. My biggest mavericks homer glasses didn’t see that coming. I do think Dallas missed a chance tonight to pull away because Minnesota were self destructing, but they didn’t play well enough to win. Mavs need lively to beat Minnesota.

Lorenzo

Reaction score

Dallas were struggling on the boards. Irving and doncic got outplayed in the clutch. I can’t be mad about it. Doncic was ok at the line, but missed his two in the 4th.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Wolves players are talented but just not smart or experienced enough. And Kidd is definitely the better coach. Finch finally played KyleA more with very good result.
I have to credit towns. I thought he and goebert did a lot of dumb things today that could have lost them the game, but ultimately they were effective down the stretch of the game with Dallas being down Lively forcing doncic to have to guard down low. Somehow goebert didn’t foul out and towns hit four clutch threes that the mavs couldn’t answer at their end.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it’s ok. I know you go back and forth on their chances based on each game.
I know I will be real interested to see how they play game 6. I think the most likely outcome of game 5 is the Wolves thump them pretty good.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I know I will be real interested to see how they play game 6. I think the most likely outcome of game 5 is the Wolves thump them pretty good.
I think that’s always the fear of losing a closeout game when you are up big. I don't think Dallas have lost 2 games in a row yet in the playoffs. They have answered big time on the road so far. I think they can win game 5, especially if they get lively back.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Anderson has been pretty efficient from what I watch. He's scored in big moments when the play breaks down for KAT or Ant.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
still can't believe dallas choked last night after boston wrapped their series up - if that wasn't motivation enough idk what is

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
still can't believe dallas choked last night after boston wrapped their series up - if that wasn't motivation enough idk what is
Dallas is up 3-1, they won those games. But it could very easily be 2-2 or even Minnesota up 3-1. This isn't some dynastic great team or even the 1983 76ers. But, I don't expect the Wolves to make history. However, of Dallas IS the first team to blow it up 3-0 (this will happen at some point), I don't think it would be that shocking except for the fact it is this Minnesota team that did it

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Dallas is up 3-1, they won those games. But it could very easily be 2-2 or even Minnesota up 3-1. This isn't some dynastic great team or even the 1983 76ers. But, I don't expect the Wolves to make history. However, of Dallas IS the first team to blow it up 3-0 (this will happen at some point), I don't think it would be that shocking except for the fact it is this Minnesota team that did it
It would be shocking to blow a 3-0 lead. But I am surprised Dallas is up 3-1 on Minnesota in the WCF.

Dallas has played very well in this series at both ends of the court. I don’t see anything that has happened so far as a negative, including losing last night. Dallas were without their best defender and when they get him back I think they will be ok. They do need to play better in the first quarter though, like be more desperate. I think if they can get a big lead in the game, it will put the wolves under a lot of pressure.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
dallas is going to win the series

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I blame the cowboys players. The stars and mavs lose when they attend the games. Even aikman. Just stay away!

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They didn't choke, Minnesota just got a couple more lucky bounces in the end than them.

This series is really close actually, it could be 3-1 Minny, 2-2 or 3-1 Dallas like it is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stbmd