The 2024 NBA playoffs thread

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
i was dead wrong on this game - 45 point victory last game didn't even sway me - didn't really give them a chance but damn - dallas vs minnesota gonna be fun

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Looks like the Edwards - Jordan comparisons can calm down. For good.

I agree the Jordan comparisons are premature, but this kid is all kinds of special and just led the Wolves… who hadn’t won a single playoff series in 20 YEARS… to the Conference Finals… at 22.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm stunned. Hope Minnesota makes a run. I really dont want to see Luka in the finals. I think the Celtics should win the championship regardless of who they play but I don't trust them to dominate.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I've seen many a team not take game 6 up 3-2 seriously, it usually doesn't bode well.
You mean like the 2022 Suns, who went on to be down by as much as 50 at home in Game 7, that so many here valorize?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree the Jordan comparisons are premature, but this kid is all kinds of special and just led the Wolves… who hadn’t one a playoff series in 20 YEARS… to the Conference Finals… at 22.
Yeah, he really stepped it up and played big when it counted. Props to him.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what an amazing flip of the game. Towns going out and Reid coming in was huge, but at the end that putback dunk by Towns sealed it.

Considering they won it all last year it was surprising so many Denver players just turtled in the 4th quarter and wouldn't shoot

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Yeah, break up that team to assemble one who was blown out by 30 at halftime in game 6 in Phoenix in the 2nd round and then get swept the following year. Excellent decision, that was. KD makes us legit contenders, though! Dont forget.

Potatoe potato is the point… one consistently lost on the lovers of the most catastrophic all-time Suns losers.

The difference between you and I is that I can admit this team is screwed. You can never accept that the previous team was as well. But keep valorizing that club.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Potatoe potato is the point… one consistently lost on the lovers of the most catastrophic all-time Suns losers.

One team had a ton of assets and a future that was wide open. The other, the road taken, we have zero assets, no flexibility, and got spanked twice just as bad, if not worse, than the team that just had to be broken up.

No one is saying the pre-KD Suns were perfect, no one. However they weren't royally screwed like they are now where the CBA won't even allow us to sign anyone other than scrubs. Point back to the Dallas series all you want, it happened, no denying that. The shake up that was done has been a catastrophic failure though.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

The difference between you and I is that I can admit this team is screwed. You can never accept that the previous team was as well. But keep valorizing that club.

That team had a ton of assets and flexibility. Did they need to make moves to get back to true contention? Yeah. We're they screwed? No... not until they traded for KD.

But, whatever you gotta tell yourself after going all in for probably the worst move in franchise history.

clyde2tw

All Star
Reaction score
Ant is their best defender and puts his body to the task, like MJ and Kobe before him. I wish our best player Book could emulate him on D a bit. MIN had the proper double teaming designs on Jokic, while one-on-one Murray could do much vs. Ant in the 2nd half. And Ant drew constant double teaming and took Denver's D apart with his DMs, despite bad shooting himself. Our big-3 for a whole season had no idea how to profit from double teaming.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree the Jordan comparisons are premature, but this kid is all kinds of special and just led the Wolves… who hadn’t won a single playoff series in 20 YEARS… to the Conference Finals… at 22.
100% but strictly speaking from a "how he moves on the court" or plays perspective? I see Jordon all over it. For example, when he stole the ball late in that game? I had Jordon flashbacks.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ant is their best defender and puts his body to the task, like MJ and Kobe before him. I wish our best player Book could emulate him on D a bit. MIN had the proper double teaming designs on Jokic, while one-on-one Murray could do much vs. Ant in the 2nd half. And Ant drew constant double teaming and took Denver's D apart with his DMs, despite bad shooting himself. Our big-3 for a whole season had no idea how to profit from double teaming.
I don’t think ant is a better on-man defender than mcdaniels. Any makes highlight reel splash defensive plays. But McDaniel is a tremendous on-ball defender always.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Umm, lead them? Well I guess it depends on your definition of leading.

I think the media is trying so hard to make him the face of the NBA and he's not quite there yet. Any other star that had such a lousy game 7 would be getting all kinds of crap.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the Twolves will make short work of the Mavs. But my predictions have not been so great as of late.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

What I really cannot understand from you and everybody else that criticizes the pre KD trade Suns is the difference is that team had youngish players and draft picks that you could improve with.

You have to be stupid to not want the pre trade team knowing what we all know now, because that team had hope to improve the current version has almost none.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stbmd