tempe area restaurants

shoe

Rookie
Reaction score
looking for some good eats in tempe area....will be in town for a few games .....any suggestions on good food in the area.

Minix

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by shoe
looking for some good eats in tempe area....will be in town for a few games .....any suggestions on good food in the area.

I have been doing extensive research in this area myself. Are you looking for bar food, or sit down dining? I'm still looking for a good Italian place.

OP
OP
shoe

shoe

Rookie
Reaction score
italian sounds good to me.....have always gone to mexican restaurant near stadium (macayos) i believe ????? looking for something diffrent.....have alot of bar time before game looking for something casual...sit down spot

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by shoe
italian sounds good to me.....have always gone to mexican restaurant near stadium (macayos) i believe ????? looking for something diffrent.....have alot of bar time before game looking for something casual...sit down spot

if you are going to a D-Backs game, try Coach & Willie's - great food :thumbup:

We alsways go to 6 Shooters in the Cornerstone Mall (SE Corner Rural / University) before the game - kinda crowded & food isn't too good and beer is pretty expensive, but it's close & they have all of the early games on!

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tempe? Go to Scottsdale. Fabulous restaurants. Except Italian. We don't do Italian well out here.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by Skkorpion
Tempe? Go to Scottsdale. Fabulous restaurants. Except Italian. We don't do Italian well out here.

This is evident by the number of people waiting outside of the Olive Garden everynight for overpriced food that gives you the craps :D

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
Good Eats in Tempe:

Fatburger on Mill Avenue

Pita Jungle on Apache - good sit down place with a middle eastern slant to the menu - great food

CardAvenger

Screaming At A Wall
Reaction score
Originally posted by Stronso
Pita Jungle on Apache - good sit down place with a middle eastern slant to the menu - great food

Try the Mediterranean Chicken. "I don't know if it's worth 5 bucks, but it's pretty F'in good!!"

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
For Italian in Tempe you need to go to Riatti's (I think that's how you spell it).

HBO gets all the extras for the Soprano's there.

Just don't complain about the food or you could end up as part of the foundation for their new restaurant.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks,

I was supposed to find a place on the way home from Cardinals practice last night but I spaced and I have lunch meeting today in Tempe.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Originally posted by nidan
Thanks,

I was supposed to find a place on the way home from Cardinals practice last night but I spaced and I have lunch meeting today in Tempe.

Try the House of Tricks on 114 E. 7th St. Good atmosphere.

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
Originally posted by Duckjake
For Italian in Tempe you need to go to Riatti's (I think that's how you spell it).

HBO gets all the extras for the Soprano's there.

Just don't complain about the food or you could end up as part of the foundation for their new restaurant.

You mean Riazzi's?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Originally posted by maddogkf
You mean Riazzi's?

That's the place. Down Mill Avenue, about 2 miles south of Arizona State University. Best pizza in the Valley, great service, good wine list, excellent bar. Can get busy, so call ahead.

For drinking, I'd suggest Bar Louie toward the North end of Downtown Tempe; it's a little classier. For a little more relaxed atmosphere, try The Library, on the corner of 8th Street and Mill Avenue, below Hooters. Cheap beer, and the waitresses are dressed like dirty Catholic Schoolgirls. They dance on the bar periodically.

Long Wong's has good bar food; it's one block north of University Drive on Mill Avenue (east side of the street). Chuckbox has great burgers (University and Forest [two blocks east of Mill]). Mama's pizza has good pizza and sandwiches.

maddogkf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by kerouac9
That's the place. Down Mill Avenue, about 2 miles south of Arizona State University. Best pizza in the Valley, great service, good wine list, excellent bar. Can get busy, so call ahead.

For drinking, I'd suggest Bar Louie toward the North end of Downtown Tempe; it's a little classier. For a little more relaxed atmosphere, try The Library, on the corner of 8th Street and Mill Avenue, below Hooters. Cheap beer, and the waitresses are dressed like dirty Catholic Schoolgirls. They dance on the bar periodically.

Long Wong's has good bar food; it's one block north of University Drive on Mill Avenue (east side of the street). Chuckbox has great burgers (University and Forest [two blocks east of Mill]). Mama's pizza has good pizza and sandwiches.

Good break down. When I was in college - I was a main stay at the Vine, the Dash, & Rowdy's.

Rula Bula has great Irish beers.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Good break down. When I was in college - I was a main stay at the Vine, the Dash, & Rowdy's.

Rula Bula has great Irish beers.

Rula Bula is the place that I've been hanging for my happy hours lately. Really, really good whiskey selection. The waitresses at Bar Louie and The Library can't be beat, though. The non-descript surliness of the Rula Bula staff is annoying to me.

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
There's a little Greek restuarant near the stadium. I can't think of the name, but it's right next to the funky Middle Eastern Church with the white spikey dome. Great gyros, and the owner is somehow related to the Olindo Mare from the Dolphins.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Originally posted by Oran
There's a little Greek restuarant near the stadium. I can't think of the name, but it's right next to the funky Middle Eastern Church with the white spikey dome. Great gyros, and the owner is somehow related to the Olindo Mare from the Dolphins.

That's right. It's not so much Greek as middle eastern. The place is the Phonecia Cafe. It's good, and well-priced, but the serivce leaves a little to be desired if you're not a regular.

maddogkf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by CatBoxBackFan
I heard The Dash was torn down,is there a new Dash?

That sucked that it got torn down. Where else could you get wasted for $15 on a Friday night (gotta love the $2 pitchers!)

They had a "new" Dash for a while - it's where Bojo's was, just south of Univ, north of the train tracks. I was there opening night & we were drunk (go figure) & somehow or another, we ended up kidnapping a sombrero from the wall. My friend still has it in his Atlanta home, soon to be OC Cali home.

However, the Dash closed & now it's "Devil House" - just isn't the same Devil House that we knew and loved

CatBoxBackFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That sucked that it got torn down. Where else could you get wasted for $15 on a Friday night (gotta love the $2 pitchers!)

.However, the Dash closed & now it's "Devil House" - just isn't the same Devil House that we knew and loved

Ah, Devil House,I got kicked out for hanging on those wooden chandileirs many moons ago.:thumbup: There's a place called The Cat House here in The Box that is 1/4 the size and in a bad part of town which could be anywhere here in Tucson.

OP
OP
shoe

shoe

Rookie
Reaction score
Is riazzis pretty casual....will be in Boldin jersey following game vs. seahawks..september 14th

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard