Tell me they aren't serious about drafting Chrissy Simms...

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chrissy?

What are you, a Jim Rome wanna be?

I hope they don't draft him either. Not because he's a pretty boy sissy, but because he plays dumb under pressure and I've seen enough dumb QBing to last till the end of my life.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by ajcardfan
Chrissy?

I hope they don't draft him either. Not because he's a pretty boy sissy, but because he plays dumb under pressure and I've seen enough dumb QBing to last till the end of my life.

What are you talking about? Jake played like a fricking genius! :D

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If this team passes on Leftwhich and then drafts Simms in the second round I will be convinced that Graves should be decapitated.:thumbup:

OP
OP
SECTION 11

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score

I can't stand Rome, so no.

By the way, Chrissy Simms was coined by the Longhorn fans.
He even had his own "Suck-O-Meter"

That's a bit of a red flag, don'tchya think?

OP
OP
SECTION 11

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Originally posted by cheesebeef
If this team passes on Leftwhich and then drafts Simms in the second round I will be convinced that Graves should be decapitated.:thumbup:

I second that.

Why are they even bringing Simms in for a visit? It makes absolutely no sense.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by cheesebeef

I don't know....but I do know I would personally decapitate Graves if he drafted Dorsey in the 2nd round.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by SECTION 11
I can't stand Rome, so no.

By the way, Chrissy Simms was coined by the Longhorn fans.
He even had his own "Suck-O-Meter"

That's a bit of a red flag, don'tchya think?

Yes, I do.

But he has all the physical tools. He's going to be in the league for several years just because of that. I hope we're not the first to fall to that temptation. But, if we are, I'll just start praying that the light goes on.

OP
OP
SECTION 11

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score

:thumbup:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Originally posted by SECTION 11
I second that.

The only game tape they have on Simms is from Lincoln last season. They were dazzled by the 419 passing yards Simms put up against the Cornhuskers. Mostly on dumb throws.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
please, not the dreaded "he has all the physical tools" comment...

we someone says that, they really mean, yeah he stinks now, but we hoping he doesn't stink in the future.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
You guys might think I'm crazy, but they Graves talked about Simms....I think we might take him in the 2nd. :(

Lomax to Green 84

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Mac seems to have this thing with Big 12 guys and especially Texas guys so it wouldn't suprise me in the least that they take Simms in the 2nd round. Jim Fassell actually thinks that Simms is the 2nd best quarterback in the draft behind Carson Palmer. Not a bad endorsement. That being said, I can't stand Simms. I though Major Applewhite was a better QB than Simms.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
First of all, bringing in Simms doesn't mean he's the only QB they interviewed. Most of their interviewing took place at the Combine and the ones in the Valley are only fill-ins.

Secondly, it doesn't mean the Cards have given up on McCown. What it might mean is that they'd like to have someone besides Parsons around for depth, to push McCown or serve as an insurance policy in case McCown struggles. Remember too that last year, there weren't many 2nd-level QB's available in the draft, so the Cards leaped on McCown since he was available and considered a good value where they got him. This year, the draft is deeper in 2nd-echelon QB's, so the Cards may figure - if one's available at the right point in the draft, why not draft him?

Thirdly - it could all be for show (i.e. a bluff). You can be just as effective scaring other teams into a trade further down in the draft as you are in the first round. The Cards may have brought in Simms and are saying nice things about him because they know that one or more teams may be fearful he'll be gone when they draft in the second or third round.

We also might be witnessing a philosophy that says: "Don't blow your wad on a high #1 for a QB - far less risky and more cost-effective to get an up-and-comer lower down and then develop him.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard