Syracuse got blown out!

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gives ASU and/or Oregon a fighting chance. Go Devils.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
If Boeheim whines like a litle girl again this year, I swear to God.

Seriously Jim, you've won a National Title. Your program is one of the premiere programs of the last two generations. Try playing away from New York before January every so often.

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
It's great that Syracuse lost, but unfortunately, Villanova is a bubble team as well. So they just increased their chances.

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
its good.. a lot of experts seem to think Villinova still needs another win to make it...

They are squarely on the bubble right now.. I don't think they are in

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Seriously Jim, you've won a National Title. Your program is one of the premiere programs of the last two generations. Try playing away from New York before January every so often.

Well he doesn't have enough McD's All Americans to win. What does he have Flynn, Greene and Harris? Nobody can win with only 3 in their starting lineup.

I think in his case the problem is he's a zone coach and it takes awhile and lots of buyin to get kids to play a really good zone. He's got too many kids who are looking to get to the NBA and so that zone isn't nearly as good as it used to be at Syracuse.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score

whine like a girl? we got snubbed so bad last year and anybody that watched that team would say it. last year we won 21 games and were 5th in the Big East with a SOS of 50 and the selection committe wanted to send a message that SOS mattered, and this year we are SOS 7 with 19 wins, with a starting guard (Devondorf) missing pretty much the whole season with an ACL injury and a money 3 point shooter (Rautins) for the whole year. and we will be in teh same situation as last year, NIT. Only one senior, a walk on, on the whole team who gets zero minutes. But yea, he had no reason to whine. Maybe it would have been better if he just abandoned his team half way through the year.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
Well he doesn't have enough McD's All Americans to win. What does he have Flynn, Greene and Harris? Nobody can win with only 3 in their starting lineup.

I think in his case the problem is he's a zone coach and it takes awhile and lots of buyin to get kids to play a really good zone. He's got too many kids who are looking to get to the NBA and so that zone isn't nearly as good as it used to be at Syracuse.

Its not buying into it, its just getting young players accustomed to it, and the All-American thing? Just having skill does nothing, its about getting used to playing as a team, just ask the Atlanta Hawks. Watch this team next year, it will be scary for the Big East. and listen to teh players before you label them as just players looking for the NBA. Donte Green said his game needs a lot of work and he will be back. Flynn and Harris aren't even thinking NBA. So i dont know where the kids just looking to get to the NBA are...

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
whine like a girl? we got snubbed so bad last year and anybody that watched that team would say it. last year we won 21 games and were 5th in the Big East with a SOS of 50 and the selection committe wanted to send a message that SOS mattered, and this year we are SOS 7 with 19 wins, with a starting guard (Devondorf) missing pretty much the whole season with an ACL injury and a money 3 point shooter (Rautins) for the whole year. and we will be in teh same situation as last year, NIT. Only one senior, a walk on, on the whole team who gets zero minutes. But yea, he had no reason to whine. Maybe it would have been better if he just abandoned his team half way through the year.
The best team Syracuse beat away from home this year is a Villanova team that's probably not going to make the Tournament. Road and neutral court W's are huge in the selection committee's eyes which is why Syracuse isn't dancing and ASU is on the bubble.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
The best team Syracuse beat away from home this year is a Villanova team that's probably not going to make the Tournament. Road and neutral court W's are huge in the selection committee's eyes which is why Syracuse isn't dancing and ASU is on the bubble.

wow, nice change of pace after your point was shut down.... UA isn't much better. they are under 500 in their division and got to play oregon state 3 times...and their great out of conference schedule is great, but anybody could lose to Memphis and Kansas on the road. That shouldn't make them a tournament team. and thats why Syracuse didn't get in last year, because they didn't lose games against harder teams.

OP
OP
Skkorpion

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Syracuse, I went to Notre Dame and ASU. I am a fan and support both teams and I watch a lot of games in both conferences.

If anybody cares, my opinions right now are these:

1. UA is a much better team than Syracuse. If Lute returns, both teams will be saddled with great coaches on the downside of their careers. Lute still is probably better than Boeheim.

2. The Big East, top to bottom, is the toughest conference this year. That changes year to year.

3. The Pac, right now, is top heavy and as such, overrated this year.

4. Pac-10 has three teams capable of reaching the round of 8. UCLA, Stanford, USC.

5. Big East has three teams capable of reaching the round of 8. Georgetown, Louisville, UConn.

6. UCLA or Georgetown or Louisville can win it all.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
wow, nice change of pace after your point was shut down.... UA isn't much better. they are under 500 in their division and got to play oregon state 3 times...and their great out of conference schedule is great, but anybody could lose to Memphis and Kansas on the road. That shouldn't make them a tournament team. and thats why Syracuse didn't get in last year, because they didn't lose games against harder teams.

Arizona has beaten UNLV, Washinington State, and USC on the road this year. All three are going to the Tournament, all three are in the top 30 in the RPI. Syracuse's best road wins are Villanova, Virginia, and Seton Hall. That's why you're going to the NIT and we're dancing which will be 25 in a row for us and two in a row for you.

Hey, at least you guys have lacrosse.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
Arizona has beaten UNLV, Washinington State, and USC on the road this year. All three are going to the Tournament, all three are in the top 30 in the RPI. Syracuse's best road wins are Villanova, Virginia, and Seton Hall. That's why you're going to the NIT and we're dancing which will be 25 in a row for us and two in a row for you.

Hey, at least you guys have lacrosse.

haha i like the road twist, but you forgot about our win at home against Georgetown and your win at home against....Texas A&M, they're no Georgetown.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
Have fun in the NIT.

have fun only getting into the tournament based on reputation, but that won't last, because UA will continue to only get worse not getting winning records in the pac-10 despite top recruiting classes every year. Syracuse is an up and coming team, as is ASU, so yes, i would love to see my young teams get tourney experience in the NIT with their good coaches, while your freshman jumps ship and your helter skelter coach comes back

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
have fun only getting into the tournament based on reputation, but that won't last, because UA will continue to only get worse not getting winning records in the pac-10 despite top recruiting classes every year. Syracuse is an up and coming team, as is ASU, so yes, i would love to see my young teams get tourney experience in the NIT with their good coaches, while your freshman jumps ship and your helter skelter coach comes back

Yeah, Syracuse has now missed the tournament two years running. They're on their way TO THE TOP!!! :lmao:

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
Yeah, Syracuse has now missed the tournament two years running. They're on their way TO THE TOP!!! :lmao:

yup, you heard me right....be sure to PM me a picture of you eating crow around this time next year.