Suns @ Nuggets Friday 10-25-19 game thread

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Zero defense and poor shooting and shot selection.

Really, you are complaining about kaminsky?

looking at the box score Mikal had the best +- at 6 by he only played 12 minutes. That is my biggest issue with Monty in this game.

Bobster

All Star
Reaction score
That same logic would make Paul Goldschmidt and Larry Fitzgerald losers, as well

Fitzgerald is one of the greatest postseason receivers ever (57 receptions, 842 yards, 10 TDs in 9 games), so try again.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Really, you are complaining about kaminsky?

looking at the box score Mikal had the best +- at 6 by he only played 12 minutes. That is my biggest issue with Monty in this game.

He might have had the best plus-minus, but Bridges has played poorly and timidly throughout preseason and into the season. Something is very off with him.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He might have had the best plus-minus, but Bridges has played poorly and timidly throughout preseason and into the season. Something is very off with him.

I do not agree. He’s playing good d. He’s just not getting shot attempts.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rubio says his knee is fine.

Duane Rankin‏Verified account @DuaneRankin

Ricky Rubio said his knee is fine after hurting in picking up his 6th foul in overtime. Didn't look fine the way he walked off the court, but he seemed to walk better leaving the locker room. #Suns

9:59 PM - 25 Oct 2019

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gina Mizell‏Verified account @ginamizell

#Suns coach Monty Williams said Mikal Bridges was NOT banged up tonight. "We just felt like Kelly was a better matchup at the four. To get him in the open court against their bigger wings and fours, we thought was an advantage for us." #Suns

10:23 PM - 25 Oct 2019

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

More Williams on why Mikal Bridges played 13 minutes, and only four in the second half/OT: "Kelly had it going in the third quarter a little bit. He hit a few shots, so we just decided to keep him in." #Suns

10:23 PM - 25 Oct 2019

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I do not agree. He’s playing good d. He’s just not getting shot attempts.

He's getting opportunities. He's just hesitant to shoot, and when he does shoot, he's all over the place. Starting to look like a small forward version of Bender, which is scaring me.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rubio says his knee is fine.

Duane Rankin‏Verified account @DuaneRankin

Ricky Rubio said his knee is fine after hurting in picking up his 6th foul in overtime. Didn't look fine the way he walked off the court, but he seemed to walk better leaving the locker room. #Suns

9:59 PM - 25 Oct 2019

Looking back, it look like he came down hard on his knee cap, he was rubbing the front and above his knee, rather than the scarier prospect of him holding the back or side of his knee.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking back, it look like he came down hard on his knee cap, he was rubbing the front and above his knee, rather than the scarier prospect of him holding the back or side of his knee.

I didn't get a good look at it so I hope he is fine. What a stressed out game.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
A) Ayton games lost due to suspension: 1

B) An all-star has to hit that last shot or draw a foul. Definitely not try a fall away against two defenders that gets blocked. I worry this is the first indicator that booker is not the #1 we all hope he is when it’s a better team and they are competitive in games. Disappointing game all around from Booker.

C) it’s like they don’t know what to do with Bridges. That scares me for a dude they used two 1sts on.

D) helluva scrappy game by this team. Sucks to lose one they coulda won.

E) saric’s outside shooting has sucked, but I appreciate the defense he played down the stretch on jokic.

F) Oubre might prove to be the third star. I want to see how consistently he can do this.

G) frank and baynes and Rubio and Tyler and carter put in yeoman’s work. I wish they were rewarded with a w.

damn good job so far Monty!!!

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
B) An all-star has to hit that last shot or draw a foul. Definitely not try a fall away against two defenders that gets blocked. I worry this is the first indicator that booker is not the #1 we all hope he is when it’s a better team and they are competitive in games. Disappointing game all around from Booker.

A lot of great players fail to convert quite a few of their game winning attempts. It was a bad shooting game from Booker and it's really just that simple. It's not like this was the first chance he has had to win a game at the buzzer as he has multiple game winning shots. I suspect if the shot was feeling a little better in this game he would have pulled up for a jump shot, but instead felt more comfortable driving it into the teeth of the defense. Seems weird to take just 1-2 poor shooting performances as some sort of evidence of anything at this point.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
A lot of great players fail to convert quite a few of their game winning attempts. It was a bad shooting game from Booker and it's really just that simple. It's not like this was the first chance he has had to win a game at the buzzer as he has multiple game winning shots. I suspect if the shot was feeling a little better in this game he would have pulled up for a jump shot, but instead felt more comfortable driving it into the teeth of the defense. Seems weird to take just 1-2 poor shooting performances as some sort of evidence of anything at this point.
I think it’s one thing to game winners when no ones expecting anything outta you. I think it’s another when you’re on a competitive team. This year looks to be the first of competitive play in book’s career. In my opinion this year begins the tale of whether he’s stats or a star. So far 0-for-1.

And don’t get me wrong, I’m a big booker guy. always defended him in the face of naysayers and national press. But I’m also a show me guy. So here’s his stage...

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On Booker not making the last shot in overtime.

Devin Booker on the game's final play, in which he drove and got blocked by Torrey Craig: "I’ll make my adjustment next time...at the end of the game, you never (should choose to) try to get something at the rim. I should have known better. But you live and you learn." #Suns

10:57 PM - 25 Oct 2019

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What an effort for a team that just went through losing their big guy. This team has the depth to weather the ayton storm imo. Also, like ouchie said, Booker is gonna need an adjustment year to know what pressure filled games feel like.. he'll be better for it in the long run..but those nerves are gonna be tested big time if this team competes most every night.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose