Stateless (netflix)

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Just finished watching this 6 episode series. Sign me up for anything with Cate Blanchett and Yvonne Strahovski. I thought this was excellent, highly recommended.

STORYLINE:
"TV mini-series centering on four strangers in an immigration detention centre in the Australian desert. They are an airline hostess escaping a suburban cult, an Afghan refugee fleeing persecution, a young Australian father escaping a dead-end job and a bureaucrat caught-up in a national scandal. When their lives intersect they are pushed to the brink of sanity, yet unlikely and profound emotional connections are made amongst the group. Inspired by real events, the series intertwines gripping and devastating personal stories revealing a system struggling with the irreconcilable contradictions of border protection.."

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just finished watching this 6 episode series. Sign me up for anything with Cate Blanchett and Yvonne Strahovski. I thought this was excellent, highly recommended.

STORYLINE:
"TV mini-series centering on four strangers in an immigration detention centre in the Australian desert. They are an airline hostess escaping a suburban cult, an Afghan refugee fleeing persecution, a young Australian father escaping a dead-end job and a bureaucrat caught-up in a national scandal. When their lives intersect they are pushed to the brink of sanity, yet unlikely and profound emotional connections are made amongst the group. Inspired by real events, the series intertwines gripping and devastating personal stories revealing a system struggling with the irreconcilable contradictions of border protection.."

We are abut 4 episodes in, great show.

And heartbreaking at the same time thinking about how many people are stuck in limbo like this around the world. What a tragedy.