Sonoran Food - Worst of the Regions

Gizmo Williams

Registered
Reaction score
I realize most people in Phoenix grew up with Sonoran food....but in my opinion it is the worst of the regional cuisines from Mexico and I can not stand it. It is just a step above the horrible cumin laden, no kick Tex Mex stuff they peddle in East Texas. I refuse to eat at the Tee Pee because I can not stomach the awful red sauce, the disgusting orange cheese and the grease. With the exception of Machaca and possibly the Chimichanga (if you are liberal with the border)...Sonoran food is the worst of the regional Mexican cuisines.

The cuisines of almost all of Mexico are far superior....Vera Cruz with the seafood. Oaxaca and Puebla with the moles. Chihuahua with the grilled meats. Jalisco with tequila. That is mexican food.

BTW...Corona is the worst Mexican beer. Bohemia and Negro Modelo are great beers...Corona is not.

Sorry...just had to vent.

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
Corona is absolutely the worst beer out there. I love the ones you mentioned, but my choice is a Pacifico with a lime....

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Corona is mexican piss water. I like Pacifico or if I'm really hard up.... Dos Equis

OP
OP
G

Gizmo Williams

Registered
Reaction score
I even like Tecate better than Corona. And that stuff is awful if you don't put enough lime and salt.

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
You have to fruit Corona. I have to fruit Dos Equis.

However, Pacifico is Magnifico all on its very own. Therefore, Pacifico reigns supreme.

:thumbup:

I prefer adding a lime to it just because of the experience, y'know? But, I absolutely LOVE it even by itself. Honestly, it is one of the best beers of the world all on its own....

I also really enjoy (I think) ALL of the Japanese beers I have had. Sapporo and Kirin Ichi Ban are off the charts....

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:thumbup:

I prefer adding a lime to it just because of the experience, y'know? But, I absolutely LOVE it even by itself. Honestly, it is one of the best beers of the world all on its own....

I also really enjoy (I think) ALL of the Japanese beers I have had. Sapporo and Kirin Ichi Ban are off the charts....

I love Asahi Dry...because I had a ton of it in Japan, and it is goooooood over there. Damn good, and no hangover.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:hijack:

Seriously, you guys should start a beer thread. Maybe something similar to KoC's "Beers from around the world"...only you won't have to drink 'em all in one day :D

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Corona is mexican piss water. I like Pacifico or if I'm really hard up.... Dos Equis

Wow Ryan, hard up for Dos Equis?? You no like?? That's the official beer of the Adger residence! I even got this for my basement.

Attachments

• Dos.jpg
    Dos.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 92

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Wow Ryan, hard up for Dos Equis?? You no like?? That's the official beer of the Adger residence! I even got this for my basement.

Next time I'm in the Adger basement I'll partake Barney Gumble style..... I just prefer other cerveza

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When we go to Mexico, we buy massive amounts of Dos Equis. I can't drink it in the states, but I pound Dos Equis in Mexico...ten by noon. Do it, do it.

I honestly have issues drinking Dos Equis in the US...that's just weird, I know.

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
Yuppies.

Drink the damn beer and quit crying about the flavor or the fruit.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't think so...my brother in law and I tried a bunch of different ones when we were over there visiting him, and all were fantastic.

Sapporo......mmmmmm. Plus they have the coolest can in the history of beer.