Scientists watch new North America Species develop

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
I as reading a very interesting article about the growth of a species that's part 10% dog, 25% wolf and 65% coyote. They've dubbed it the coywolf and its an aberration. Most mixed species animals don't do so well but this animal seems to thrive. They are bigger, faster, more adept at hunting in both wooded areas and open fields and are less scared of humans than wolves and coyotes separately and their numbers are growing. Of course, animals create hybrids all the time and humans are the products of hybridization as well but it's still pretty cool.

http://www.economist.com/news/scien...ednew/n/bl/n/20151029n/owned/n/n/nwl/n/n/NA/n

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bad news for cats apparently but pretty cool.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coyotes also like to eat dogs.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Fascinating

even their cries blend those of their ancestors. The first part of a howl resembles a wolf’s (with a deep pitch), but this then turns into a higher-pitched, coyote-like yipping

OP
OP
HeavyB3

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
Coyotes also like to eat dogs.

For some reason when I read this I immediately thought of the Family guy episode where Peter is in a book club and says "The book can also be worn as a hat". Not sure why but I laughed a few days ago when I read this and I am laughing again now.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison