Schilling - Here we go again!!

adbacksfan

Rookie
Reaction score
Gomez no sooner departs and we start hearing about Curt leaving again.

Inside Dish: Schilling could be a Phillie in '04

By Ken Rosenthal - Sporting News

It's becoming easier to picture Diamondbacks righthanded pitcher Curt Schilling rejoining the Phillies for the opening of their new ballpark next season.

After awarding contract extensions to Randy Johnson and Luis Gonzalez, the D-backs have $50 million committed to five players in 2004, but their payroll is expected to be only $85 million.

The ascent of young pitchers such as rookie righthanded pitcher Oscar Villarreal, the team's new No. 5 starter, could persuade the team to move Schilling this offseason.

Schilling, 36, will earn $12 million in '04, the final year of his contract. He could replace potential free-agent righthanded pitcher Kevin Millwood, who is earning $9.9 million with the Phillies. . . .

BOB_Man24

Go Cats!
Reaction score
dont worry about it, these "sports writers" have nothing better to do then to talk about nothing.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Go

Originally posted by schillingfan
he he, he. Keep telling yourselves that.

Hehehe, we're not the dillusional ones here.:D Honestly, I don't see him leaving here while he still has a contract with us. I could see him heading back to Philly afterwards. But that remains to be seen. If the Phillies flop this year, or something, then he might want to stay here.

adam
________
Hot Box Vaporizers

Last edited: