'Sad to say -- our TV team has lost all integrity

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I flipped on the D'backs game today and was heartened to hear Mark Grace imploring the D'backs to hit one in the gap with a runner on base.

Daron Sutton then contradicted him, calling for one to be hit all the way to the Arch.

Then Mark Grace said, "I agree with you."

No, he didn't. I hate listening to people who don't say what they mean . . . and mean what they say. Or stick to their convictions.

And, of course, Sutton kept calling for each D'back to hit a homerun. Hey Daron, that mentality is why our lineups are underachieving.

Then Sutton talked about Albert Pujols' haircut, over and over, insulting Grace's in the process.

Sutton and Grace are either engaged in insults or fawning over each other.

MG: "It's warm here, Daron Sutton."
DS: "Very good observation, Mark Grace."
MG: "Thank you for noticing, Daron Sutton."
DS: "You're welcome, Mark Grace."
etc., etc.,etc.

Never anything in the middle. Never in moderation. It makes you want to :barf:

Cody

i love defense
Reaction score
lol idk why, but i've always liked our TV team

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
wow. all that for a little joking around? lighten up, they aren't the reason the D-Backs suck. I'm pretty sure the team doesn't have the FSN broadcast on in the dugout.

HooverDam

Reaction score
What does any of that have to do with integrity? You must have a strange definition of the word. The TV team sucks, but integrity doesn't really play into it one way or the other, theyre just bad at their jobs.

lol idk why, but i've always liked our TV team

Well you start sentences with 'lol' and post threads like this one so thats no surprise to anyone.

Black Jesus

No Talent Ass-Clown
Reaction score
They've mailed it. You can't continuously analyze a team that sucks or bring up what a hitter should do when they are not capable of doing it.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sutton/Grace ... still better than 90 percent of the football broadcast teams on any given Sunday.

If you think Sutton/Grace are bad, you haven't traveled enough and watched smaller markets and their broadcast teams. There are depths of awfulness we've yet to be subjected to. We're talking Rod Allen/Matt Williams bad, but every single day. But keep complaining. I'm sure we'll get there.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sutton/Grace ... still better than 90 percent of the football broadcast teams on any given Sunday.

If you think Sutton/Grace are bad, you haven't traveled enough and watched smaller markets and their broadcast teams. There are depths of awfulness we've yet to be subjected to. We're talking Rod Allen/Matt Williams bad, but every single day. But keep complaining. I'm sure we'll get there.
:ronsanto:

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
And, of course, Sutton kept calling for each D'back to hit a homerun. Hey Daron, that mentality is why our lineups are underachieving.

Oh boy did you ever nail it. Our team has been underachieving because clearly they listen to Gracie and Sutton in the dugout!! It all makes sense now!!

Grace/Sutton are so much better than other announcers around the league. I suggest you spend the money for MLB TV online or through your service provider, so you can see just how dull and boring some team announcers are.

OP
OP
BC867

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Oh boy did you ever nail it. Our team has been underachieving because clearly they listen to Gracie and Sutton in the dugout!! It all makes sense now!!
We watch the Kleenex Kids pop up one at a time, game after game.

We listen to Daron Sutton rooting on the air for the D'backs to hit it to the Arch.

They are all D'backs employees.

Are you saying there is no correlation between those actions and words?

C'mon, they are all representing the company philosophy, just as in any other company.

And it just hasn't worked.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Dude, I don't think you realize how hard it is to talk for 3 hours every day, come up with new material and have to do so for sometimes 15 straight days.

Plus if they are in constant disagreement they would have no cohesion and would really make for bad play by play.

Yes, they are employed by the Diamondbacks which I think is wrong. Broadcasters should be employed by the stations that air the games. This would eliminate the goody goody gum drop, kid glove approach to the calls. The only people who are rational are the guys on KTAR who call people out all the time. I'm certain Grace would love to light up a few players on the team, but he can't.

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
Dude, I don't think you realize how hard it is to talk for 3 hours every day, come up with new material and have to do so for sometimes 15 straight days.

Plus if they are in constant disagreement they would have no cohesion and would really make for bad play by play.

Yes, they are employed by the Diamondbacks which I think is wrong. Broadcasters should be employed by the stations that air the games. This would eliminate the goody goody gum drop, kid glove approach to the calls. The only people who are rational are the guys on KTAR who call people out all the time. I'm certain Grace would love to light up a few players on the team, but he can't.

Well just remember what happened when he thought he was off the air a couple years back commenting on how Snyder looked like he was swinging underwater. I am sure that Grace would love to tear into some of these guys and how poorly they are playing, but just doesn't want to risk his job.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
What are the odds that Mark Grace is taking a drink now and again during the broadcast? Is has to be good odds. I don't drink, and am convinced that I would have to attend AA by August if I had his job.

The fact that Mark and Darren aren't slurring their words is worthy of praise.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are the odds that Mark Grace is taking a drink now and again during the broadcast? Is has to be good odds. I don't drink, and am convinced that I would have to attend AA by August if I had his job.

The fact that Mark and Darren aren't slurring their words is worthy of praise.

Alcohol is strictly prohibited from the media booth, but I'm certain they're not checking Grace's pockets for flasks. I wouldn't be surprised.