RIP: Elizabeth Pena (1959-2014)

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was surprised and saddened to learn that one of my favorite character actresses passed away today. I loved her in Lone Star and La Bamba. RIP Elizabeth Pena.

From Variety:
Actress Elizabeth Pena, who co-starred in “Jacob’s Ladder” and “La Bamba,” died Oct. 14 at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, according to her nephew, Latino Review writer Mario-Francisco Robles. She was 55.

Born in Elizabeth, N.J., and raised by Cuban immigrant parents, Pena’s career spanned nearly 40 years. She began performing in New York theater, and got her professional start in 1978 with Leon Ichaso’s “El Super.”

She went on to appear in films including “Rush Hour,” “Blue Steel” and “Batteries Not Included,” starred in her own primetime series on ABC, “I Married Dora” and lent her voice to the “Justice League” animated series, “American Dad!” and to Disney-Pixar’s “The Incredibles,” where she voices Mirage.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sad.

-------------

Elizabeth Pena's Cause of Death Revealed

Actress Elizabeth Pena died of liver problems caused by alcohol, authorities said on Wednesday.

Pena, who was 55, died Oct. 14 at Cedars Sinai Hospital in Beverly Hills, Calif. The immediate causes of death listed on the La Bamba actress's death certificate were: "cardiopulmonary arrest," "cardiogenic shock," "acute gastrointestinal bleeding" and "cirrhosis of the liver due to alcohol," the Los Angeles County Recorder confirmed.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really sad. I know someone who died from "cirrhosis of the liver due to alcohol". Really really nice guy but he drank more than he ate food. Everyone tried to get him help but nothing worked. Sounds like she had that level of a problem alcohol.

R.I.P.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really sad. Such a great actress and had that unique voice.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson