RIP: Andre Braugher (1962-2023)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
61 is so young. This one hurts. I consider myself lucky that I got to watch him work for one day on my boss’ Miami Medical pilot back in 2009. All class. Loved watching him.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
RIP to a great actor. Legendary range here.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
A ton of accolades, but I think many forget just how good he was in his first movie role in Glory. Portraying a free black man of the north having to come to terms with a) black men and former slaves from the South (mainly Trip) and b) Being put into a place he wasn't used to -- which was being just another soldier, and worse, being commanded by a friend.

The Trip/Thomas relationship was fascinating and while minor, was a very emotional centerpiece that didn't involve any of the white men in the film.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
A ton of accolades, but I think many forget just how good he was in his first movie role in Glory. Portraying a free black man of the north having to come to terms with a) black men (slaves) from the South (mainly Trip) and b) Being put into a place he wasn't used to -- which was being just another soldier, and worse, being commanded by a friend.

The Trip/Thomas relationship was fascinating and while minor, was a very emotional centerpiece that didn't involve any of the white men in the film.
Glory is an amazing film. Simply stunning and his acting was magnificent. His ability to emote along with Denzel still chills me to the bone.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard