Rebel Moon - Part One: A Child of Fire (Netflix)

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
That just looks badass... That big ass Dryder bitch is awesome...looks like the Goddess Lloth...
I am way looking forward to this one.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ruh roh. So far.......

You must be registered for see images attach

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Ruh roh. So far.......

And I wouldn't trust the audience score on this one for awhile once it's displayed. There's way too many Snyder fanbois that are going to give it a high rate at the start no matter what the quality is.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Sofia Boutella, liked her in the Star Trek movie. It is rated pg13, may just have to watch this.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I didn't realize I had already posted some in this thread a few months ago. I think I'm going to like it

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Ruh roh. So far.......

Bad critic scores usually guarantee it's a movie worth watching

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I know you’re being sarcastic, but Snyder is not good.
Dawn of the Dead was good... Legend of the Guardians was good...300 was awesome...
it really seems the dude just has issues doing DC films...well, super hero films in general I guess...watchmen might be worth watching if you cut it down to 80 minutes....and I actually really liked Man of Steel..it was a fantastic reintroduction to the superman origin.
the justice ones though...yeah, they kinda sucked... but pretty much everything DC puts on the big screen suxx...so one has to think there must be other fingers in the pie

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I know you’re being sarcastic, but Snyder is not good.
He's one of the most over rated directors around. Watchmen's been the on really good movie that he's done. 300 was ok but it suffers what most of his movies do. Too much style over substance.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
He's one of the most over rated directors around. Watchmen's been the on really good movie that he's done. 300 was ok but it suffers what most of his movies do. Too much style over substance.
Pretty much agree with this although I think Dawn of the Dead is his best. :)

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
A few of you will dislike this one as a matter of course.
But it's worthwhile. A beautiful piece of filmwork.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't bother. This movie has as much substance as the desert has water. This might be Snyder's worst film yet. The movie has some good imagery and some cool cinematography, but I have ZERO doubts now why Lucas filmed passed on this script and movie for Star Wars. Knowing that Star Wars movies are not exactly filled with plot? That is saying something and it's dead on. The film is outright dull even though it has a couple good actions sequences and some of the dialogue is beyond bad at times. I got wannabe Star Wars vibes (understandable) crossed with wannabe Firefly vibes.

They try and cram so much lore into the movie is actually incoherent. There is no organic development of the story. The characters are beyond shallow and carbon copies of characters we have already seen in another franchise. Which means not only is it style over any substance but lacks originality even if they tried to dress it up as if it did.

I am calling it now. Snyder will complain about Netflix interfering creatively. His fanboys will demand the Snyder cut of the film just in time for part 2 to come out. This honestly appears to be a calculated move for another cut but it won't help.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Don't bother. This movie has as much substance as the desert has water. This might be Snyder's worst film yet. The movie has some good imagery and some cool cinematography, but I have ZERO doubts now why Lucas filmed passed on this script and movie for Star Wars. Knowing that Star Wars movies are not exactly filled with plot? That is saying something and it's dead on. The film is outright dull even though it has a couple good actions sequences and some of the dialogue is beyond bad at times. I got wannabe Star Wars vibes (understandable) crossed with wannabe Firefly vibes.

They try and cram so much lore into the movie is actually incoherent. There is no organic development of the story. The characters are beyond shallow and carbon copies of characters we have already seen in another franchise. Which means not only is it style over any substance but lacks originality even if they tried to dress it up as if it did.

I am calling it now. Snyder will complain about Netflix interfering creatively. His fanboys will demand the Snyder cut of the film just in time for part 2 to come out. This honestly appears to be a calculated move for another cut but it won't help.
Agree with this. Pretty to look at, but totally scrambled. Introduced 14 characters with little substance beyond the lead. So don’t care about any of them.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Prediction nailed. Snyder Cut fanboys are already demanding a Snyder cut. :lmao: As if Netflix didn't plan that. The fact that it has to depend on a gimmick such as that says it all. Never mind the #Snydercut was a completely failure for HBO Max because it didn't result in a free fall of subscribers. Also, never mind the fact that after LucasFilm rejection, HBO Max was pitched by Snyder and they turned it down too. I wonder why?

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A+ for visuals/effects, C+ for the story. Maybe it was just me, but I spotted a lot of what I considered rip offs, e.g. the officer uniforms that the bad guys wore are right out of Stardship Troopers, or a Naze movie, while the Senators all dressed like they were in a 50's Roman movie.They had a scene in a cantina that I swear I could hear the recognizable tune from the Star Wars cantina. They had a guy riding a creature like a banshee from avatar. They had another bad person (gal) that was half Shelob from LOTR, and half Borg Queen from Star Trek. And I found the ending flat out eyerolling.

Not the worst movie I've ever seen, but I've certainly seen better.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
A+ for visuals/effects, C+ for the story. Maybe it was just me, but I spotted a lot of what I considered rip offs, e.g. the officer uniforms that the bad guys wore are right out of Stardship Troopers, or a Naze movie, while the Senators all dressed like they were in a 50's Roman movie.They had a scene in a cantina that I swear I could hear the recognizable tune from the Star Wars cantina. They had a guy riding a creature like a banshee from avatar. They had another bad person (gal) that was half Shelob from LOTR, and half Borg Queen from Star Trek. And I found the ending flat out eyerolling.

Not the worst movie I've ever seen, but I've certainly seen better.
This script was literally written as a Star Wars movie. Snyder is so creatively bankrupt he couldn't even change it to not look like a rip-off.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
This script was literally written as a Star Wars movie. Snyder is so creatively bankrupt he couldn't even change it to not look like a rip-off.
Not sure to watch this now or wait for the second movie to come out and watch back to back?

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure to watch this now or wait for the second movie to come out and watch back to back?
What and miss out on the first 30 seconds of the film with signature Snyder visuals?

Space genitals by Zack Snyder

Last edited:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
What and miss out on the first 30 seconds of the film with signature Snyder visuals?

Space genitals by Zack Snyder

lmao...I saw that and was like,.."Okay, space vagina...I wonder if its supposed to represent new birth?"

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard