Rams have problems also

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rams | Pace Deal Far From Complete - from www.KFFL.com
Fri, 9 May 2003 14:37:00 -0700

Updating an ongoing story, Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the St. Louis Rams and OT Orlando Pace are still far from a contract extension and one is not likely to be completed any time soon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rams | Working on Holt’s Extension? - from www.KFFL.com
Fri, 9 May 2003 14:36:04 -0700

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the St. Louis Rams could possibly have a contract extension agreement with WR Torry Holt in place by as soon as May 18th. However, there have not been any extensive contract talks so far. "I know it's hard for (Rams management), because they say they can't pay Torry what they are paying Isaac Bruce, but we can't help that," Holt’s agent Greg Williams said. "So far, we're taking the high road, and we've been reasonable in our proposals to them, we think. But we've also made it clear that, until there is a new deal in place, Torry isn't going back there."
<p><font color=blue>Isn't it nice to see things like this happening to teams in our division. This along with the trouble Faulk is having right now is why I have been saying the Rams won't be doing as good as everyone thinks they will this year.</font>

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Originally posted by arthurracoon
They have no more team chemistry

They are all becoming ME players

They were always "me-first" players. All of them. It's easy to be "me-first" when you're putting up 45 points a game. It's harder when you go 7-9. That's what has been the problem with the Cards the last ten years. You think if we were going 10-6, we wouldn't still have Simeon, DB, Jake, etc.? Players take sweetheart deals when they're winning and getting exposure, like Marshall took last season to stay in the STL.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could swear Holt signed a new deal 1 or 2 years ago?

Redrage

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Maybe I'm jumping the gun. But does anyone think that the '99, 2000, and 2001 seasons were the aberration and what we see now is simply a return to the known? Let's face it, they had one of the most productive offseasons in NFL history ('99) which pushed their team over the top. The Rams will suck again and soon. Hey, they might already be there.

Ditto regarding the "me"-tudes. Even Warner became less "coachable" once he had a whiff of success.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson