Printer at home

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
I have a HP PSC 750 printer/scanner/copier & it's not working :confused:

I try to print & it gives me a blue box w/RTR - driver file not found

I have uninstalled the printer software & reinstalled it & even reinstalled the driver from the HP website but it still gives me the same error message.

The printer says it's disconnected but I have it connected to the USB port in the back of my computer.

Any help would be appreciated!

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have that exact printer / scanner / copier & had the same problem.

What I did, was unplug it and remove it from all wiring. Then I loaded it up in my truck and took it over to my brother's house and swapped it for his - he never knew - let him deal with the problem - HA!!!!

Last edited:

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by jkf296

What I did, was unplug it and remove it from all wiring. Then I loaded it up in my truck and took it over to my brother's house and swapped it for his - he never new - let him deal with the problem - HA!!!!

:biglaugh:

Ever see Office Space? Grab a Louisville Slugger or two and head out to the country with that bad boy....

Mike

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chandler Mike

Ever see Office Space? Grab a Louisville Slugger or two and head out to the country with that bad boy....

Mike

PC load letter? what the **** does that mean?!

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
Why does it always say paper jam when there is no paper jam!

Attachments

• killtheprinter.jpg
    killtheprinter.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 108

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm thinking about taking that new chick from Logistics. If things go right I might be showing her my O-face. You know: Oh! Oh!

We're not going to some white collar resort prison. No, no, no! We're going to federal POUND ME IN THE ASS prison!

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
Ummmm yeah. Milton, I am going to need you to move your desk again. So if you could just do that, that would be greaaaaat.

Attachments

• lumberg_speaks.jpg
    lumberg_speaks.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 128

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Originally posted by maddogkf
I have a HP PSC 750 printer/scanner/copier & it's not working :confused:

I try to print & it gives me a blue box w/RTR - driver file not found

I have uninstalled the printer software & reinstalled it & even reinstalled the driver from the HP website but it still gives me the same error message.

The printer says it's disconnected but I have it connected to the USB port in the back of my computer.

Any help would be appreciated!

what operating systwem do you have?

If XP, you will have to order a free CD to install.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
    I completely uninstalled the HP software by useing the HP unistaller.

I unistalled every other software added by HP, using the windows unistaller in the system setup.

I manually searched the HD's for any files starting with hp*... delete them all! there will be at least one, that cannot be deleted in windows: reboot your system in ms-dos mode and delete it there. return to windows.

Make sure, that the psc is no longer listed in your printer list, if its still there: delete it.

insert the HP cd-rom and install the software.
    (the psc ist still unplugged!!)

reboot

turn on your psc and plug it in. wait. if nothing happens (that was in my case) read on here, otherwise: LUCKY YOU!! :)

go to the printer folder and choose "add a new printer", manually select the printer & continue.
    ATTN: when a screen appears where you can select the printer port, do NOT select the USB port! Select DOT4_001 as your printer port!

windows starts copying files (if files not found: choose "browse", then your cd-rom drive and click on the folder named "drivers" and choose your OS)

when the procedure has ended, wait a few moments. suddenly the screens appear you need to continue the installation!

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Originally posted by jkf296

What I did, was unplug it and remove it from all wiring. Then I loaded it up in my truck and took it over to my brother's house and swapped it for his - he never knew - let him deal with the problem - HA!!!!

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by maddogkf
Got it working Ryan - had to disable my fire wall plus everything else that you listed!

Great!