Pelicans @ Suns Tuesday Playoff game thread 4-26-2022 - Game 5

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After losing game 4 of the playoff series in New Orleans, the Suns return to Phoenix and play the Pelicans in a critical game 5 on Tuesday.

The series is tied at 2-2.

Nothing new about the status of Devin Booker as of this writing.

The game will be televised on Bally Sports Arizona and TNT.

Start time is scheduled for 7 p.m. Arizona time.

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I really hope they don’t face elimination before a game 7, and of course would prefer it not get that far. SOMEONE has to get hot tomorrow night.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The coach of the year actually needs to act like he is a coach of the year. He’s turning into Kliff Kingsbury before our eyes

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You know what I’d think about doing? Doubling Ingram and making him see bodies. A lot of his offense is 1 on 1 and when he gets to his spot, he’s damn near automatic.

We need to put just as much pressure on him as they put on CP3. Also, STOP LETTING HIM GO RIGHT. If he gets to shoot over that left shoulder it’s been automatic. We’ve gotta do a better job limiting him. CJ actually hasn’t been that effective against us.

Lastly, DA while he had a good offensive game also got bodied down low by JV….why we don’t force him to shoot jumpers and let him take his patented jump hook is beyond me.

This is a best of 3. Tomorrow, our season is on the line. We HAVE to win game 5. If we don’t, I don’t see us winning game 6 and I don’t want Booker to come back not 100 percent and reaggravate the hammy. Cam Johnson might be the answer in terms of that third scorer. He found his shot a bit last night. Hope that carries over.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's now a three game series and two of them are at home.

This is why getting home court advantage in the playoffs is so important.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul made a good point. Going into game 5 the Suns have to figure out if they are playing in the old NBA or the new NBA.

The old NBA referees allowed lots of contact. It seemed like the Suns were playing in the new NBA and the Pelicans were allowed to play the old NBA style.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Chris Paul made a good point. Going into game 5 the Suns have to figure out if they are playing in the old NBA or the new NBA.

The old NBA referees allowed lots of contact. It seemed like the Suns were playing in the new NBA and the Pelicans were allowed to play the old NBA style.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Old NBA for the Suns, and new NBA for the Pels.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You know what I’d think about doing? Doubling Ingram and making him see bodies. A lot of his offense is 1 on 1 and when he gets to his spot, he’s damn near automatic.

We need to put just as much pressure on him as they put on CP3. Also, STOP LETTING HIM GO RIGHT. If he gets to shoot over that left shoulder it’s been automatic. We’ve gotta do a better job limiting him. CJ actually hasn’t been that effective against us.

Lastly, DA while he had a good offensive game also got bodied down low by JV….why we don’t force him to shoot jumpers and let him take his patented jump hook is beyond me.

This is a best of 3. Tomorrow, our season is on the line. We HAVE to win game 5. If we don’t, I don’t see us winning game 6 and I don’t want Booker to come back not 100 percent and reaggravate the hammy. Cam Johnson might be the answer in terms of that third scorer. He found his shot a bit last night. Hope that carries over.
Ayton has to be better defensively and on the boards. Hopefully last night finally got cam Johnson’s stroke back. But even if he’s back it’s not enough. We need more from bridges, Paul, and our bench. Anyone from our bench.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The suns need to send in a montage of the shoulder to Ayton’s head, Hayes tackle on crowder and jones tackle on Paul as well as all of the picks where valencunius throws out a hip or shoulder. The first three are not basketball plays. That’s ‘90s style ball that’s got to be discouraged better than they’ve done. Hayes ejection didn’t stop jones from doing the same thing to Paul.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man… I am not confident going into tomorrow’s pivotal swing Game 5. We just haven’t looked like the Suns in a long time and when factor in the last regular season meeting we had with the Pelicans, they really have made us look like total crap A LOT over the last 5 games we’ve played them.

This blows. Playoffs so far has been the absence of fun.

Last edited:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I honestly hope this is the Pelicans being better than most of the other teams in the playoffs. Cant imagine they're worse than or equal to the Wolves, Nuggets, or Jazz. Even if we get past the Pels, There will be more questions than answers for this championship run

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I honestly hope this is the Pelicans being better than most of the other teams in the playoffs. Cant imagine they're worse than or equal to the Wolves, Nuggets, or Jazz. Even if we get past the Pels, There will be more questions than answers for this championship run
I don't. I hope this is more the Suns just not executing and playing their normal game. Why? Because that is fixable. If the Pelicans truly are much better than most teams in the playoffs? The Suns are completely screwed.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Outside of a brief stretch of panic right after CP3’s injury, I have been the most optimistic fan as I have ever been about the Suns ever since mid-point last year. but man… I’m in a really pessimistic place. I just don’t know what adjustments can be made. Unless we go twin towers, we’re going to continue to get killed on the boards, we have no one with the length/speed to slow Ingram and with Payne atrocious, we literally only have one shot creator on the entire team.

I forcefully denied that we have been outplayed all series since Halftime Game 1, but it’s hard to argue that at this point. Felt like we were being toyed with last night.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Meh

I look forward to the moves were gonna make in the offseason

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Outside of a brief stretch of panic right after CP3’s injury, I have been the most optimistic fan as I have ever been about the Suns ever since mid-point last year. but man… I’m in a really pessimistic place. I just don’t know what adjustments can be made. Unless we go twin towers, we’re going to continue to get killed on the boards, we have no one with the length/speed to slow Ingram and with Payne atrocious, we literally only have one shot creator on the entire team.

I forcefully denied that we have been outplayed all series since Halftime Game 1, but it’s hard to argue that at this point. Felt like we were being toyed with last night.

An undrafted rookie was mocking and talking ish to CP3

This is so embarrassing

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Green knows Monty is too nice of a guy, so he’s having his team punk us in our house and their house.

He knows Monty will not adjust.

All Monty said right before the T last night, “that’s messed up”. Show some fire man.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I'm honestly stunned. This team was not only good this year, they were dominant and punked teams. Now we're the ones getting punked.

I think we'll be ok if we start hitting some open shots, but this is the opposite of what I expected, especially after game one. Total nightmare ever since.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Championship teams don't shoot 15% from 3 and get out rebounded and out hustled on a consistent basis. This team has lost its mojo and its confidence.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

There is speculation that CP3 is hurting but the Suns nor Paul will admit it. With Booker being out and if CP3 is not 100%? This teams margin for error is almost zero. Which means you have to pull out all the stops. We are a .500 playoff team with the current plan and lineups. Do I think we can win 2 of the next 3? Absolutely. The only problem? I feel like the Pelicans have a chance to do that as well which I wouldn't have said going in the series.

Try someone...anyone other than Payne. Play the twin towers. I mean it won't take long to see if it's having any impact. To me doing the same and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity. I just hope Monty takes some risks because if we lose tomorrow night? I think the Suns might be done.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose