Pacquiao/Margarito fight

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
Any one going to watch this? I hope Manny knocks this cheater out quick. It is also good to know the Margarito isn't just a cheater but a grade a douche bag.

Check out the 2:08 mark of this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DrlrjXHKdw&feature=player_embedded

If you know anything about boxing then you know Freddie Roach has Parkinson's. I don't buy the apology the trainer gave.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Margarito is a chump. He's just the 2nd choice after Mayweather fell through, and Manny is going to wipe the ring with him.

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Any one going to watch this? I hope Manny knocks this cheater out quick. It is also good to know the Margarito isn't just a cheater but a grade a douche bag.

Check out the 2:08 mark of this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DrlrjXHKdw&feature=player_embedded

If you know anything about boxing then you know Freddie Roach has Parkinson's. I don't buy the apology the trainer gave.

Eh, its all a ploy to sell more fights. Shameless promotion tactics, which Roach started by wearing metal gloves, mocking Margarito and calling him a criminal.

I love to see upsets, but I would also love to see Manny keep kicking ass. Its a win-win

OP
OP
A

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
Eh, its all a ploy to sell more fights. Shameless promotion tactics, which Roach started by wearing metal gloves, mocking Margarito and calling him a criminal.

I love to see upsets, but I would also love to see Manny keep kicking ass. Its a win-win

He is a criminal, he used a loaded glove which is a weapon. He continues to plead innocence which I don't think anyone believes. There is a big difference between stating facts and making fun of someone's disability.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping to find it free on the internet I can't afford to shell out $65 for it on PPV right now. Hoping Manny wins. We were going to watch it at my girlfriends sisters house this weekend but decided to stay home this weekend instead(2 hour drive to their house) so we're going to see if it's on channelsurfing or something like that sort of like Cards games are.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
If Margarito has his head on right, this could be a tremendous fight. Once again, Manny will be facing something he's never seen before. Margarito has KO power in both hands. He is 5 inches taller than Manny and is naturally a far bigger man.
But, so was Oscar and so was Cotto.

I think Manny's speed will definitely be an issue for Margarito. He had major issues with Mosely's speed and Shane ultimately beat the crap out of him... But, Cotto has speed too and Margarito pounded the crap out of him (of course, his gloves were loaded with plaster so that fight really doesn't count IMO...).

Should be yet another exciting Manny fight! He'll have to once again rise against conventional wisdom and beat a guy who is way bigger and way stronger, who also happens to be a very good boxer as well and with whom stamina is never an issue. He won't quit...

I see it going the distance with Manny winning a very tough (his toughest fight yet - he's gonna win but might look like he lost), close but unanimous decision...

English on tour

Eng-gur-land Eng-gur-land
Reaction score
This weekend is all about Haye v Harrison...

oh, yeah thats rights its not! One decent boxer against and joke...should make decent viewing mind you. When Haye wins he surely fight Klitschko next :shrug:

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
They all seem to be shut down or not working.

I wound up ordering the PPV.

God what an awful undercard.

I am streaming atdhe, it was a pain to get it going, but once I got it it has been fine.

OP
OP
A

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
Not even a close fight. Manny was toying with Margarito near the end of the fight. Now we continue our wait for Pacquiao/Mayweather. It is the only fight left for either fighter.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
Manny went easy on him the last couple of rounds. Could have knocked him out if he wanted to, but took pity on him.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am streaming atdhe, it was a pain to get it going, but once I got it it has been fine.

Yeah I couldn't get that to work, it kept saying can't connect to server so I gave up and ordered it.

Justin tv shut down all their streams that I saw.

Manny is a bad man, if he'd been fighting a guy near his weight that would have been a knockout.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I really hope that Manny only fights one more time - against Floyd. I know Floyd is being stupid about it all, but for Manny, Floyd is the only challenge left. There's talk of maybe a rematch against Cotto, or perhaps having Manny drop down to 140 and fight one of the many solid fighters there.. However, those all represent needless risks with zero payoff for Manny. He only need Floyd and Floyd can't retire without facing Manny.

GET IT DONE!!!!

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Went to a bar with some friends..... They ordered the SD feed only.

Friggen jerkoffs.

Total domination.

OP
OP
A

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
I really hope that Manny only fights one more time - against Floyd. I know Floyd is being stupid about it all, but for Manny, Floyd is the only challenge left. There's talk of maybe a rematch against Cotto, or perhaps having Manny drop down to 140 and fight one of the many solid fighters there.. However, those all represent needless risks with zero payoff for Manny. He only need Floyd and Floyd can't retire without facing Manny.

GET IT DONE!!!!

Manny moving back down to 140 would be interesting but I agree he only has one fight left to do. He wants to concentrate on politics but I think he wants Mayweather. Also did anyone see Margarito broke his orbital bone? I was shocked the ref didn't stop the fight.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Turns out Margarito suffered a fractured orbital bone in the face above one of the badly swollen eyes. I knew they should have stopped it, I don't buy the he's Mexican he'll never quit stuff, that's what his corner is for to make the tough decision like stopping the fight. Of course we have no idea when he broke the bone in the face but letting him fight 2 more rounds when he was damn near defenseless didn't help.

Manny let up because he didn't want to hurt the guy.

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hats off to Margarito for lasting so long. Pacquiao is in a class of his own and Mayweather needs to stop ducking him and fight already :-D

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
If Mayweather remains too chicken to fight Manny, then Pacquiao should just retire. There's nobody else to fight for him. And the guys he could fight would be so overmatched it would be ridiculous.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I said it before and Ill say it again. Pacman is the greatest boxer that ever lived.

And he would destroy Mayweather.