OT: MNF Chargers v. Steelers (Scouting our next opponent)

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Crossing route city for A Brown. Gotta stop the run for it all to work.

Jake6233

All Star
Reaction score
If the cardinals come ready to play they should have no issue with the steelers next week.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If these losses can get the Chargers to finally fire this atrocious coaching staff and also their training staff then I'm fine with it.

What a pathetic game all around. Brandon Flowers has to be the worst CB in football my goodness.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
okay... we got a 3-2 squad up on the road. Good to test next week.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I barely caught a glimpse of it.... Was that hit by the Charger defender on the receiver worthy of that penalty?

Edit to add: I'm sick of Gruden

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
They hit the jackpot on that pick. Hard to believe he went 48th overall. :eek:

I was afraid to look that up. LOL.

Now I have to imagine Le'Veon Bell in this Cardinal offense. Yer killin' me! :p

Bell isn't anywhere near the type of back he was at Michigan State. At MSU, he was a 245lb. plodding, workhorse type of back in the mold of TJ Duckett.

It's pretty hard to project a guy to lose 25-30lbs. and become the back he is today. In fact, it's downright lucky because I can't remember a back completely transforming himself like that in the past.

jbjarko

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I barely caught a glimpse of it.... Was that hit by the Charger defender on the receiver worthy of that penalty?

Edit to add: I'm sick of Gruden

Debatable. But the timer did cost the steelers 18 seconds. So that hole last second play should have been avoided. Clock was running after the touch back and the steelers o coming on the field. Stopped once the ball was set lol

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Bell isn't anywhere near the type of back he was at Michigan State. At MSU, he was a 245lb. plodding, workhorse type of back in the mold of TJ Duckett.

It's pretty hard to project a guy to lose 25-30lbs. and become the back he is today. In fact, it's downright lucky because I can't remember a back completely transforming himself like that in the past.

:thumbup: yep

The way he uses those jump cuts & sets up his blockers with his hesitation is superb. He might be better than AD right now. :eek:

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score

I also think that's what has transformed #21 on the Cards this year as well. The first game I saw him this year I was like woooo that's Patrick Peterson?

He looks like a totally different dude physically & on the field

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I also think that's what has transformed #21 on the Cards this year as well. The first game I saw him this year I was like woooo that's Patrick Peterson?

He looks like a totally different dude physically & on the field
Agreed. I couldn't believe how much smaller he looked when I saw him in Chicago.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Two things to keep an eye on this week:

1. Steelers Safety Will Allen (their best DB) left the MNF game early with an ankle injury. Will he be back on Sunday? Will it matter? His tackling has gone downhill lately. Another Safety, Ross Ventrone also pulled a hammy and did not return.

2. Will Dwight Freeney be ready to dress on Sunday?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson