OKAY Time to weed thru the BS

stlouiecard

Veteran
Reaction score
There are many of you who believe in Rod Graves actions and I, to a certain degree agree with you,however, this team is far far away from any type of a championship season. This team has way too many holes too contend within the division or even for a wild card( I don't care how many teams are allowed in). So, with the Draft coming up this weekend what do many of you think needs to happen for the future,because I assure you, this team is 8-8 at best and if we were to land Suggs I still think that it will be tough to win without a solid #1 WR. That being said, the Cards can make hay on day 2 if they were to land say Justin Gage at WR and a quality Qb. We shall see.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The draft can help but it doesn't fill all the holes the Cards have.

It will take more than a 2nd rd wr to shore up that position.

Not sure what a qb would do for this year.

An 8-8 prediction is highly optimistic after the draft much less before. Look at the competition just in the division.

The Cards need some signings + a good draft. Start with Robinson and go from there.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Frankly, our best opportunity to seriously reshape our roster with known quality has passed. We tried like heck to get Colvin and Holliday, but couldn't do it. While I admire the greater aggressiveness of Graves, it really hasn't paid off in a big way yet. Now, we need luck in the draft or unexpected dramatic improvement from someone on our roster currently to make a leap in wins and losses.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The whole point about having a GM is that it's not a one year deal.

And as he said, let's wait until traiing camp

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I disagree with all you doom-sayers.

Predraft free agency, the draft and postdraft free agency is all a numbers game and, to some degree a crapshoot.

We're not going to sign every player we want. But we will sign a few. We may not fill every position we want to fill in the draft, but we'll fill a number of them - and there will be "surprises" anyway in the form of injuries, booms and busts.

When it comes to (a) examining the roster, (b) determining the holes and then (c) trying to fill them, we all go into free agency and the draft striving for perfection. I think that's naive. Few if any NFL teams come out of training camp with every roster or starting issue fully addressed. There will be holes.

In the free agency period preceding the draft, the Cards won a few and lost a few. But at the same time, the overall talent-level of the guys we've already got can be expected to improve. Some younger players (like Gilmore, Starkey and Dennis Johnson) will be given the chance to step up and show what they can do and many younger players (like Wendell Bryant and Levar Fisher) are expected to improve through the off-season program.

I have no doubt, we will go into training camp with a few issues undaddressed via the draft and free agency. (Naturally I hope that a pass rush and DB aren't two of them, but if they are, we'll just have to make do, and my guess is: we'll do fine).

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard