OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Load management for Nikola Jokic?

He will not play against the Pelicans tonight.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Poop. I was hoping the Pelicans would give Jokic a tough game tonight so he’d be a little gassed tomorrow.

But if he’s got an injury, I really think the Nuggets would be smart to rest him a little longer.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Must win with Denver coming in off a game tonight.
Agreed but they are resting Jokic tonight against the Pelicans. They’re 3/22 in the first half from three at halftime. Murray has a couple threes but no one else is coming along.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Poop. I was hoping the Pelicans would give Jokic a tough game tonight so he’d be a little gassed tomorrow.

But if he’s got an injury, I really think the Nuggets would be smart to rest him a little longer.

Would be smart to rest him or have him on minute restriction. They are fighting to keep that 1 seed but there might be other games where they can get an easy win. I sort of want them to play everyone just to see where we stand.

Last year I wish we would have done the same. We went full throttle and I felt like we were worn down.

Last edited:

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Why does it feel like this (if Jokic plays) is one of the biggest games of the season?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why does it feel like this (if Jokic plays) is one of the biggest games of the season?
From the Nuggets perspective it's not really big. In terms of the Suns every game counts. Warrior, Peleicans and Timberwolves are nipping at our heels. The good news is we own the tie braker on all those teams.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
We will see. The Nuggets may be in not show all your cards mode.

The Suns play them again April 6th at home.
Denver rested Jokic last night and got throttled by the Pelicans - I'm figuring tonight's game to be a heat check for both squads - mvp vs former mvp - last year's best record vs this year's best record (in the west) - for some reason Jokic admires Ayton - and for some (probably the same) reason Ayton actually plays like a big against Jokic

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Denver rested Jokic last night and got throttled by the Pelicans - I'm figuring tonight's game to be a heat check for both squads - mvp vs former mvp - last year's best record vs this year's best record (in the west) - and for some reason Jokic admires Ayton - and for some (probably the same) reason Ayton actually plays like a big against Jokic

I guess we will find out quickly by the atmosphere in the building tonight. Big games carry electricity in the crowd.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Denver rested Jokic last night and got throttled by the Pelicans - I'm figuring tonight's game to be a heat check for both squads - mvp vs former mvp - last year's best record vs this year's best record (in the west) - and for some reason Jokic admires Ayton - and for some (probably the same) reason Ayton actually plays like a big against Jokic
As of an hour ago. Injury status. Deniver sure isn't tipping their hat just yet.

Nikola Jokic (calf) - TBD (Game time decision)
Jamal Murray (injury management) - TBD (Game time decision
)
Michael Porter Jr. (injury management) - TBD (Game time Decision)

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As noted above, this is Mike Singer's comments about the Nuggets injury situation. It's ambiguous at best.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering who traveled for the Nuggets.

I don't think the Nuggets think this game is very important if all these starters sit. Makes sense. They are in first. I will take it though. Every win the Suns get builds a cushion.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As of an hour ago. Injury status. Deniver sure isn't tipping their hat just yet.

Nikola Jokic (calf) - TBD (Game time decision)
Jamal Murray (injury management) - TBD (Game time decision
)
Michael Porter Jr. (injury management) - TBD (Game time Decision)
They're deep and it's a team game. There is no "I" in Denver.

Last edited:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

This would be really disappointing. I've been to nearly 20 games this year and I don't know that I can think of one game, aside from the opener, that was a marquee matchup and both teams had all their best players active.

And there have been several where the outcome was decided before tip off.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Im getting pumped bigggg test for kd book ton

Also hoping da shows attitude rebounding blocks

My happy vibe 420 stash is rdy to go fingers crossed.....

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This would be really disappointing. I've been to nearly 20 games this year and I don't know that I can think of one game, aside from the opener, that was a marquee matchup and both teams had all their best players active.

And there have been several where the outcome was decided before tip off.

If one attends the game, I can understand wanting to see marquee matchups. That'a why you may the money.

However, to be honest, I just want to win at this stage of the season, but I'm watching the game at home.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think the Nuggets think this game is very important if all these starters sit. Makes sense. They are in first. I will take it though. Every win the Suns get builds a cushion.

I still remember when a shorthanded Miami team crushed the Suns at home a season ago. The Nuggets will still want to win.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose