Not to JINX us, but

football24/7

Registered
Reaction score
Signals point to Colvin being sincere in signing with us. Lets say he does, pick two more players, and based on that who would you now draft.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If Baltimore takes Kordell and Chicago takes Blake, maybe Leftwich falls to us in the draft...

OP
OP
F

football24/7

Registered
Reaction score
I should clarify my post better. Say we get Colvin, pick two more Free Agents to sign. Then based on the FA's we have signed, who would you now draft. Would you go Defense or Offense.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. Griese (get a verbal commitment before June 1)
2. Curtis Conway
3. Draft: Suggs or Kennedy or Newman, or if they're all gone, Leftwich

FrontRow

Binge Drinker
Reaction score
If Leftwich is there, he is a must pick. I don't believe he will be, but one can dream. I would not be surprised if he was #1 overall by the time the draft comes.

In the event that he is gone, draft defense all the way. First round Newman or Suggs. 2nd round safety or DT. 3rd round, another linebacker-someone like Victor Hobson out of Michigan. Dude is a smashmouth hitter and has great football instincts.

Solve the reciever problem through FA.

General Chaos

Gronko = Man Beast
Reaction score
assuming we sign Colvin.
1.) D. Jackson
2.) J. Thorton

Draft in this order
Johnson, Suggs, or Newman

I think there is a good possibility that we could get either Boller or Grossman in the second round however. I actually like them more than palmer and Leftwich.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Baltimore takes Kordell and Chicago takes Blake, maybe Leftwich falls to us in the draft...
And who, pray tell, would be our starting QB? The raw rook or the raw second year guy?

The only way Mac should accept that idea without kicking soda machines or dunking Rod's head in the whirpool is if - along with the decision to draft Leftwich - they give him a 3 year extension.

FrontRow

Binge Drinker
Reaction score
Jeff Blake or Brian Griese could run things until one of the youngsters are ready.

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. Blake or Griese
2. Holliday/Okefer
3. Jackson

With that...Draft at #6 in this order
Leftwich
Suggs
Kennedy/Newman
Trade down

We address QB and the pass rush.
In the draft we get a QB for the future or some more D.

We need, imo, to get at least a QB/DE/S in addition to Colvin.

If we don't then I think Graves plan will be clear....Get young guys and play them and stink for the next 3 years. After the young guys get good and become UFA's they will grow tired of losing and jump ship that every year. (or Graves will let them go because they got a parking ticket)