Newman News

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I don't know if this has hit the board earlier or if it's all over the draft sites, but Newman has a shoulder injury that appears to not be fully responding to treatment. The problem is serious enough that there is some doubt about his ability to play this year. Two people told me that they know of teams who have moved him down their board. If this is old news I apologize, as I am not tracking all the info like I used to do. It was certainly news to me.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Newman has a shoulder injury that appears to not be fully responding to treatment. The problem is serious enough that there is some doubt about his ability to play this year. Two people told me that they know of teams who have moved him down their board.
Harry - So far the Lions and Felons have publicly said that the so-called injury would not affect Newman's status on their boards. And Cincy is said to be negotiating a contract with Newman even as we speak. (they may be doing the same thing with Palmer but no one seems to know).

Remember the movie "The Crying Game" where one of the characters recounts the fable about the Skorpion (i.e. "Because it's their nature")?

Think of the buzz around Newman and Rogers as part of "The Lying Game" (because it's the nature of GM's and coaches to lie in the week or two before the draft).

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Originally posted by JeffGollin
Remember the movie "The Crying Game" where one of the characters recounts the fable about the Skorpion (i.e. "Because it's their nature")?

Think of the buzz around Newman and Rogers as part of "The Lying Game" (because it's the nature of GM's and coaches to lie in the week or two before the draft).
[/COLOR]

Does this mean that he is really a she? :D

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by JeffGollin
Newman has a shoulder injury that appears to not be fully responding to treatment. The problem is serious enough that there is some doubt about his ability to play this year. Two people told me that they know of teams who have moved him down their board.
Harry - So far the Lions and Felons have publicly said that the so-called injury would not affect Newman's status on their boards. And Cincy is said to be negotiating a contract with Newman even as we speak. (they may be doing the same thing with Palmer but no one seems to know).

OMG I can't believe you referenced "The Crying Game" LOL.

Scariest movie I've ever seen!

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
OMG I can't believe you referenced "The Crying Game" LOL.
Scariest movie I've ever seen!
I nominate Blue Velvet for Scariest Movie I Ever Saw

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
I guess medical guys say it is a danger, but a LOT of players play through this injury. If the shoulder goes they repair it medically and it fixes it, but they see no reason to do that and him miss minicamp... they risk he plays all year and they do it next off season. It is a minor injury. A lot of guys never even have surgery.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard